+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default So much nausea, help please.

So for the past couple of days I've been feeling so sick. Sick to my stomach ): 2 weeks ago, I took three Pregnancy Test and all were positive. This is my first pregnancy and I was just wondering if anyone has ever felt the same way, or if this is all normal and just apart of Early Pregnancy. Latley I've been feeling the need to always lay down because I either feel sick or I'm just very very tired. Not to mention, its some what hard for me to eat as well. I get so hungry and I do try to eat, I'll take a little bit of food in but in less than 5 minutes I start feeling sick again. Today was my first time throwing up since I've been feeling the way I am. Is it safe to take meds or no? Can somebody help me please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there!
    firstly congratulations.
    what your feeling is very normal!
    with my first i was extremely sick with "morning sickness" so much that i was put in hospital for a night.
    i know its not easy to eat.
    with my third i couldn't eat til late at night (past 10pm) its the only time i felt well.
    please keep yourself as hydrated as possible!
    dehydration can hit so easily especially if your bringing up your food.
    hope your morning sickness doesn't last long. hope you have a wonderful pregnancy good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ask your doctor about the meds... i think there are some, unsure if they are safe or not. so id ask dr just to be sure

Thanks
    Reviews

Congrats!
    All is 'normal' to a point, so don't worry. Best advice I can give is if you are concerned, can't keep anything down, are loosing weight- then see a doc. I am a nurse and having my first baby and didnt know what to expect. The other mums at work all told me nausea and vomiting was normal and I believed them.
    However form some people, they get severe nausea and vomiting called hyperemesis gravidarum, which is what I got and after a week of constant vomiting, headaches etc, my husband took me to mercy emergency where they told me I shouldn't have waited so long.
    I spent the big in hospital and ended up having 8 weeks off work, spending every mon/we'd/fri in hospital having hydration. Needless to say I am now 26 weeks, still have nausea most of the time and vomit 3-4/week, but can at least eat again and feel a lots better.
    Good luck and don't feel silly to ask a dr if you are concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for the replies, big weight lifted off my shoulder (: One last question, is it safe to throw up? Will it hurt the fetus?

Thanks
    Reviews
    High levels on Vit B6 is now recommended for MS ask your pharmacist for directions/dosage. Otherwise there is a drug called Maxalon it's good but makes me very sleepy. I also take a non drowsy antihistamine daily to help with Nausea. There are other drugs available but are not category A. Good luck I know how it feels to well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Throwing up will 100% not hurt bubs

Thanks
    Reviews

Blackmores make a " Morning Sickness Formula" that is B6 and Ginger root. I have found that to help as I am suffering with bad fatigue, almost constant nausea and headaches

Good luck and Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Throwing up wont hurt baby- and sometimes it's good because you might feel better for a bit after, so it's a good time to eat and drink.

As pp said, it's normal to a degree, if it gets to the point you are bearly keeping food and water down then you need to see a gp/ob.

Make sure your drinking plenty of water, dyhydration can make you feel worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's totally normal littleone03. Nausea and vomiting in preg, sadly is part and parcel with a lot, but not all, of pregnancies.

Im ten wks, third preg and the nausea, thankfully no spewing, is crippling. I was fortunate enough to have zero nausea with my son.

The first tri can be one of the hardest, cause u feel incredibly sick and extremely tired, but not everyone knows ur pregnant. At least with the third tri, ppl can acually see that you're carrying around a 25 pound watermelon and can sympathise.

Fingers x'd that you're one of those mummies whose morning sickness ends right smack bang on 12 wks and not a day after!