+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i know tell me about it ! my bank is about 5k lighter after the electrician finished (he did much more than just a few power points though )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Steel frame vs timber home

Quote Originally Posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
    i know tell me about it ! my bank is about 5k lighter after the electrician finished (he did much more than just a few power points though )
    I know and we are putting gas point outside for a BBQ in our alfresco to save on bottles (and ice thing ma bob) for the fridge lol. But we didn't raise our ceilings to compromise for heating and cooling!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Glad to know. We will be adding a few extra but not too many it's so expensive :/
    I've been told by a few people it works out a lot cheaper to go with the standard amount of power points and then get an electrician in to add more once the house is built. Not sure how true that is though?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    I've been told by a few people it works out a lot cheaper to go with the standard amount of power points and then get an electrician in to add more once the house is built. Not sure how true that is though?
    That's what we did, DH is an electrician though which makes it cheaper for us but home builders will charge you a fortune to add extra lights and power points and all that stuff.. Even down to bathroom/kitchen fixtures.. Just go with standard and change it at a later date.. That's what I plan on doing when I find my perfect shower heads lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nic86 View Post
    That's what we did, DH is an electrician though which makes it cheaper for us but home builders will charge you a fortune to add extra lights and power points and all that stuff.. Even down to bathroom/kitchen fixtures.. Just go with standard and change it at a later date.. That's what I plan on doing when I find my perfect shower heads lol..
    Maybe we can do some exchanges! My DP is a plumber lol! Electrical stuff for plumbing stuff

We are going standard but adding on things people may want in future if we want to sell like a ice thing in the kitchen (the fixture)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wife and I are currently building a house, so we've recently investigated this same question about steel / timber house frames.

I found this youtube video very helpful – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru33LAcKfdQ

It answered a lot of the questions that we had. It discusses the pros, cons and myths of using steel for house frames.