+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 cell embryo day 4? Any chance...

Hi again,
    my lovely 5 frosties from Saturday morning that survived the thaw so well have all come apart I think?
    the embryologist doesn't explain it very well or honestly I don't feel. They were thawed/frozen on day 2. Today is day 4.
    i have:
    1 x 8 cell
    1 x 7 cell
    1 x 5 cell which I think would be out
    2 x 4 cell which I will def discount

I was told they are still growing so that's a good thing but they are growing slower and are a bit behind. My google research tells me that day 4 should be morula stage. (I was meant to be transferring 2 x blasties)
    guess I'm asking
    a)any hope of them going on to become my #2 child when they are slow!)
    b)any hope of a growth spurt to become blasties.

i feel very dismal about it all now. I've got an app at the acupuncture place this arvo and I'm even thinking of cancelling that as I have a gut feeling this is ANOTHER BUST coming up.

thanks in advance ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone???

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 cell embryo day 4? Any chance...

Please don't lose hope! My frozen day five blasty that apparently looked really good before being frozen and was frozen with the latest technology to 'ensure survival' didn't survive the thaw at all well. It only had 20% cell survival (instead of their predicted 80-100% with their new freezing method) and those cells were not dividing/growing. It had also collapsed in on itself.

The scientists and my fs advised me not to go ahead with the transfer but we decided to continue as it was our last frosty, our last attempt for bub number 2 and for other personal religious reasons.

...I'm now 32 weeks pregnant from that transfer, and your embies are looking much better than mine was!!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

Tiredofttc  (26-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes there's hope, even though the chances are better when they're not growing slow. My twins were transferred as morulas on day5 (and were 8cell on day4). Our slow embryos never became good enough to freeze, so no frosties from 8 stims.

We transferred 2 embies as we figured the odds were next-to-nothing that the cycle was going to work with day5 morulas (as per the results of our previous cycles) and both embryos implanted to produce two beautiful, healthy babies.

An embryologist once told me to subtract 10 from the blasty success odds when transferring morulas. So if your chances were 40% with blast then they'd be 30% with morula. Don't know if that's actually true or if she was just trying to be kind.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Tiredofttc  (26-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.
    My embryologist has postponed my transfer til wed to see what's happening. He said its very unlikely they would progress past cell stage but we would have to wait and see.....
    it probably sounds weird but in some ways I would prefer it if they dropped growing now instead of being transferred and they were never going to continue if that makes sense. It gives me a tiny bit if hope but I'm not going to be overly optimistic.