+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Installing air conditioner in a rental property

Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    Thanks everyone for your advice and input.

I bit the bullet this morning and sent an email requesting the real estate ask the owner about the possibility of installing air con.

We offered to sign a longer lease or negotiate a rent increase to compensate the owner. I also said if the owner doesn’t want to install air con then we would like to buy and install a window/box style air conditioner, with their permission.

So now we wait and see what happens
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    Thanks everyone for your advice and input.

I bit the bullet this morning and sent an email requesting the real estate ask the owner about the possibility of installing air con.

We offered to sign a longer lease or negotiate a rent increase to compensate the owner. I also said if the owner doesn’t want to install air con then we would like to buy and install a window/box style air conditioner, with their permission.

So now we wait and see what happens

for you! I think you are being reasonable!

As a landlord if you put that to us and we were able to afford putting one in we would. Otherwise we would of course agree to you putting in a window air-conditioner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Originally Posted by HollywoodWhilst I do think heating is essential (can't imagine how miserable it would be to sit in a home on a winter's day without heating, it would be like a fridge), I consider cooling/aircon to be a luxury.

I am the other way around, I have lived both in Melbourne and Tasmania and much would rather a aircon in both states then a heater, You can pick up different styles of heaters which can heat a home very well.
    With a air con you can fork out hundreds upon hundreds on a portable air con and it may not work in your home the way it should and fans are useless unless there is a cool breeze from outside. You can always heat your self up in the winter but it is hard to cool your self down in the summer.

Also new homes these days are like a hot house, We lived in a new home for 2years and moved out because it was boiling hot all year round and was impossible to cool down until 6 months in to our lease the landlord wanting to put the rent up $10.00 and told them we flat refuse to pay anymore for the house because it is to hot all year around. They put one one in the middle of winter and we had it going for 6 hours of the day until we moved out because of DFs transfer and wanted to be closer to the free-way. ( Use to take over an hour to get the freeway in peek hour when it is normally 15 mins ).

we had the air con going for 6 hours every day until we moved out.

OP Good luck and fingers crossed they give you an air con.

we now only will be looking for homes with air-con as i fully refuse to not have a air-con with children its to hard to cool them both down and they hate the heat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Installing air conditioner in a rental property

I've thought about asking ours for air con but we are still waiting on repairs from when we moved in 7.5 months ago and a door handle for our bedroom door. We've given up asking for a door handle so I suspect air con might be pushing it. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Installing air conditioner in a rental property

Sounds like my real estate !! My step dad just came up from Sydney and fixed everything for me lol

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub