+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC blog (IUDI)

Hi,

How long into the TWW are you now?

AF showed today glad I didn't have to wait to long! Bring on 2nd cycle!

The FS says they usually to 3 IUI before going to IVF. However if this cycle doesn't work I wanna try IVF next. Don't wanna muck around you much.

I think you would be fine going under. I've had MANY operations so it doesn't bother me. Only thing is I'm so sick afterwards. They give me so much sick medicine whilst I'm under but I still come out so sick. Thanks alot weak stomach (MS should be amazing for me haha)

At the end of the day you will just be thinking that whatever you need to do you will do. they do 100's of those procedures so you will be safe. But let's hope your IUI works! fx

Sammy
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh GDY I'm sorry about your news...sometimes TTC is such a crapshoot. Our FS also says 3 x IUI before IVF and we are heading into our 2nd IUI later this month. Have you had a good look at the success rates of IVF vs IUI? At a certain age the success rates for IVF start to drop and becomes fairly similar to IUI (for me at 41yo, using my clinic, the rates for IUI and IVF are identical at around 8%).

If we do go to IVF we are seriously considering saving our $$ and going for donor egg IVF (DE IVF) overseas.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC blog (IUDI)

No I haven't had a look actually! I'm 22. So it would be interesting to see what the difference is. Thanks.

Just called Clinic an reported today as CD1! yay! I start FSH injections on Tuesday. Then go in 14JAN13 for scans and bloods!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies!

twocam- that is really interesting to know that ivf rates drop so significantly with age. i am only 31 but i have an amh level ( egg reserve) of a 40 year old so i wonder if that will affect our success rate too. sounds like we are pretty similar in timings. one more iui and then ivf. all the best with your next iui. heres hoping you wont even need ivf.

sammy- i am glad that your af arrived today. at least it puts an end to that cycle and is a new beginning. best of luck.

katelyn xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi sammy!

only six days left of my two week wait. my boobs have big blue veins on them and i have been utterly exhausted. not sure if they are related to pregnancy or just coincidental. i learnt not to trust my body when it comes to the tww a long time ago. thinking i might test in the next couple of days. there is always a chance i guess. here is hoping.

katelyn xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Well I gave in and took a test this morning. Nothing showing up yet. Might still be a bit early but it has kinda crushed my hopes for this month. Still feeling tired but I think that might be a mental thing rather than pregnancy. only a few more days until I can know for sure. Waiting is a total killer. Hope you are keeping well.

Katelyn xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC blog (IUDI)

Hi,

I hate the TWW with a passion! How many days post IUI are you?!

Try to keep yourself busy - even though I know I'm the worst in the TWW. Lol

CD4 for me today. Start injections soon. Hurry up already lol

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sammy,

Today is 10 days post ovulation. I think there is only a very slim chance i could be pregnant this month. My period is due Thursday. starting to get worried about Ivf . Our finances are shocking after Christmas and our hot water system blew up yesterday. $1400 for a new one. That was an expense we just weren't anticipating. Plus we had to but a new washing machine about a month ago so over $2000 in unexpected expenses. Think I might have to pick up some extraworkto take the edge off. Bummer.

hope you are keeping well. Never thought you would be so excited to start injections hey? It sure is a crazy ride.

katelyn. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC blog (IUDI)

Hi,

Oh I totally understand the expense side of things. Especially those unexpected ones! They always come at the worst time! I hope you work things out.

Wow your nearlly at the end of the TWW! Just remember. It's not over until AF shows

OMG of all things I thought I would NEVER be excited for injections haha but if it means I get a precious baby at the end, bring it on!

Keeping my fingers crosse AF doesn't show for you!

Sammy
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sammy!!!!

i just took another pregnancy test tonight. My af is due tomorrow and I couldn't help myself. I saw a really faint line!!! Half an hour I took another one and saw another really faint line!!! Whoa! Trying not to get to over excited because I have had one chemical pregnancy a couple of months ago. Would hate for the same thing to happen again. But I am very quietly optimistic that this will be different and my little ball of cells might just get comfy in my belly. When should you get a blood test to confirm a pregnancy? Is it the date your period is due or the day after that?

How's everything going for you. Maybe we will both find out that this month is our month. How great would that be?!

Katelyn xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Katelyn Kelly For This Useful Post:

Twocam  (10-01-2013)