+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Backpack reigns

Like Dannielle they were a lifesaver for me with my twins too!
    The pram was just a nightmare from 2yrs as they would scream and scream and scream.
    I bought them pink monkey backpacks and they loved them, also just put the strap over my wrist.

Couldn't give a toss about what others thought, they were runners and their safety is much more important than a strangers opinion.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (25-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post

Couldn't give a toss about what others thought, they were runners and their safety is much more important than a strangers opinion.
    So true, i find it strange that a parent would judge another parent negatively for wanting to keep their child safe. Im only going to use it in certain situations if i think its necessary to protect her and until shes a little older.

Omgoodness you girls with twins, no wonder you used them. Its hard enough making sure one child doesnt run off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I don't like them for me and the dog association is only part of the reason. If you have a need use them.
    Can i ask what the other reasons are that you wouldnt use them?

Not trying to start anything as i know you dont judge other parents for using them.

Just genuinely curious.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Backpack reigns

I would and I did, but dss was a cheapo and broke,
    We used it when we went on a 4 hour train ride, I liked feeling like I had a safety net at the station

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Backpack reigns

I've had two bolters; usually I use a stroller but when I can't we get out our monkey backpack. DS3 adores it. I ask him to hold my hand though, I don't like leading him around on it. It's more a backup for when he slips his hand out of mine and runs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    , I don't like leading him around on it. It's more a backup for when he slips his hand out of mine and runs!
    This is exactly how i want to use it, as a back up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Can i ask what the other reasons are that you wouldnt use them?

Not trying to start anything as i know you dont judge other parents for using them.

Just genuinely curious.
    Not sure it's something I can explain without offending other posters. I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of them; they just don't sit well with me. I totally get why people with multiples use them if I had two kids bolting in opposite directions I honestly don't know what I'd have done.

DS was a runner. He ran whether I chased him or not (but the chasing made it more fun for him and made him run faster). I have been managing it for nearly a year now and it's been bl00dy hard work but thankfully he's showing signs of losing interest in running now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Not sure it's something I can explain without offending other posters. I just don't feel comfortable with the idea of them; they just don't sit well with me. I totally get why people with multiples use them if I had two kids bolting in opposite directions I honestly don't know what I'd have done.

DS was a runner. He ran whether I chased him or not (but the chasing made it more fun for him and made him run faster). I have been managing it for nearly a year now and it's been bl00dy hard work but thankfully he's showing signs of losing interest in running now.
    Fair enough

I guess i dont see them as any different to other restraints to keep kids safe like prams, cots, car seats etc so i find it hard to understand.

I never thought id consider using one. Ah how things can change once you have kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Backpack reigns

I used then with dd1 and I fully intend in using then with dd2 when she is walking. I don't care what people think. I lost dd1 a couple times at the shops. She would run and hide. So I left that shop with a brand new set of reigns. I would rather have piece of mind than care about being judged. The oldies used to congratulate me on being so brave using them.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Backpack reigns

I bought a pair from mother care and they were awesome! Only because they had two attachments one for like a long rein and one was tiny so they can be clipped to the side of the pram the side of the pram one came in awesome for teaching DD to hold onto the pram and in crowded places she would stay close