+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    As others have said carrying your bub forward facing is sub optimal- amongst the many moral issues people have against it, it simply isn't comfortable. Because of the angle they sit at it causes your back to arch, which causes back pain. It also puts the childs spine in an awkward position that many believe is not good for them. This is why very few people use carriers like the baby bjorn past the newborn stage.

However you will find with the carriers I have listed that you can hip carry with them, which allows your baby to see where you are walking (if they want to) and still carry them comfortably for everyone. Otherwise a lot of babywearers pop their babies on their backs so they can see over your shoulder No matter what you choose my advice is to find someone who has one and give it a try with a child in it (a borrowed one even)

Oh I didnt know you can hip carry with a mei tei hoe do we do this? I have one but wasnt going to use it during summer because I thought it would be too hot

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Which ergo baby carrier?

I am wondering same thing. I live in Darwin which is just hot all the time. I have an original but was thinking to get the ergo peforamance S its just too hit and this bub will need to b carried on me a lot more. My original is super comfy though. I'm not sure the other ones would b as comfy after comparing them all in the shop. The peforamance is meant to b the coolest.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Which ergo baby carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    HAha NOOO
    No baby required. I have two friends who come to meets all the time and aren't due till next year. They borrow my bub instead ;-)and there are a few demo dolls who come to some meets forums who don't have kids yet, or who only have older children who no longer want to be wrapped.

Seriously. There's a meet in mile end tomorrow, and then a meet near Marion on the 9th, I think?
    Come along. We're all nice, and it's soooo much easier to impart knowledge face to face, while holding these carriers.

And also, I agree with the previous poster! Nikki from nurture nest is amazing! :-)
    Between her, and our second hand trading, we'll get you kitted out for bub
    Can you link the FB page or is that not allowed on hub? I have my seniors Xmas party tomorrow otherwise i would attend! I'd like to stalk you guys out though for next meet up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Can you link the FB page or is that not allowed on hub? I have my seniors Xmas party tomorrow otherwise i would attend! I'd like to stalk you guys out though for next meet up
    its the second link posted by missie-mack.

We're awesome.
    definitely come along.

its nice to find a like-minded community before you have the baby as well in my experience. eases the transition a little.