+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Which ergo baby carrier?

I'm due in march so will be past the hottest months.... Is the ergo performance the thinner one??

Thanks
    Reviews
    The performance one supposedly allows for more airflow with its fabric but it's bigger than the original, higher up the back. I only have the original but was able to compare both in shop. Have you considered Ergo organic? I suppose it would be cooler as it is all cotton. I didn't get one (even if I prefered it over original) since it costs more.
    I do love our Ergo. Keeps bub warm in this cooler region. But We used it overseas in a tropical country and it did get a little hot in there. Just had to let him wear lighter clothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Which carrier can I use to go front ward facing? Only a bjorn?! I don't like the previous reviews on them

I am in SA too and I am looking at the organic ones because of the patterns or is that too ignorant LOL :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes, try them on (preferably with a baby) first, going by reviews I almost bought an ergo online but when I tried it on both baby and I hated it! Tried the Manduca and loved it. I also loved my baby Bjorn for the first 6 months and I know they get bad reviews but you never know til you try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    The reviews of pain etc is because of the forward facing ability of them... however if you really really want a forward facing one there is the beco gemini and butterfly but I would suggest you try before you buy. Perhaps a local sling meet? I know there is a group in Adelaide and Semaphore (from memory) operating regularish meet ups
    Thank you missie! I live near Marion but that's fine my mum lives near semaphore I will get my ergo and try out a sling too I think. I just thought front ward facing when bub was older I have been looking at more organic options for me and bubba!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Yes, try them on (preferably with a baby) first, going by reviews I almost bought an ergo online but when I tried it on both baby and I hated it! Tried the Manduca and loved it. I also loved my baby Bjorn for the first 6 months and I know they get bad reviews but you never know til you try.
    That's a very good point just like a pram ! Ill stalk this meet up but I guess you have to try with a baby in it? So ill have to wait til baby is born

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you so much!! Your amazing

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I just bought a mei tai of a lovely wahm from SA who has a website called nurture nest. she rents out carriers and is the most lovely and helpful lady. she also will come to you with her stash so you can make sure you get the right carrier for you 😀

9. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry swing For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    That's a very good point just like a pram ! Ill stalk this meet up but I guess you have to try with a baby in it? So ill have to wait til baby is born
    HAha NOOO
    No baby required. I have two friends who come to meets all the time and aren't due till next year. They borrow my bub instead ;-)and there are a few demo dolls who come to some meets forums who don't have kids yet, or who only have older children who no longer want to be wrapped.

Seriously. There's a meet in mile end tomorrow, and then a meet near Marion on the 9th, I think?
    Come along. We're all nice, and it's soooo much easier to impart knowledge face to face, while holding these carriers.

And also, I agree with the previous poster! Nikki from nurture nest is amazing! :-)
    Between her, and our second hand trading, we'll get you kitted out for bub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Demo dolls sound awesome! I think next time I am in SA I will have to pop into a meet now lol
    Any pictures of your demo dolls? I am curious!
    I'll ask one of the girls to post a pick of one on the aus bw circle facebook page? Which I assume you're on LOL
    I don't have any picks of me with a demo doll, cause my own is almost as easy to wrap as a demo. :P

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post: