+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby baths

Hi girls.
    I've noticed a big price range? Are they really that different? Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I imagine that some of the more expensive ones will last longer. Whether you want to invest that much depends on how long you're planning on using it for. I got an inflatable one from eBay, planning on using it until DD was 18 months. We've recently moved her into the 'big girl bath', though, because she's started standing in the bath and the inflatable bottom made it like a jumpy castle - not at all stable! She's nearly one so we got less than a year's use out of it. We didn't pay much, about $25 including postage. This is the sort of bath we used: Ebay - inflatable baby bath.

Other more expensive baby baths have different features that might make them more appealing. There are some that fold up for instance, which is handy if you need something portable but don't want to inflate or deflate a bath all the time. If you're planning on holding onto the bath for any subsequent babies then it could be worth getting something that folds up for storage.

For our needs the inflatable bath was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby baths

We have the Ikea one and its great. Got the grips on the inside on the bottom too which I like. No problems at all and it wasn't expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby baths

I got one on sale at my baby store that weighs the baby and tells the temp of water for $60 I cannot remember the brand! I pick it up in feb as I lay by'd it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have room for one so just bought a mesh/cloth bath seat recliner and used it in the big bath.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby baths

We just used the laundry tub and then a terry ramp thingy in the big bath. I was given a baby bath and found it useless I wouldn't recommend getting one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby baths

I was given a baby bath with a hammock attachment. It was so good for bathing DS when he was a newborn because it freed up a hand. Then as he got bigger and older it just unclips and is a normal baby bath.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby baths

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddie View Post
    I was given a baby bath with a hammock attachment. It was so good for bathing DS when he was a newborn because it freed up a hand. Then as he got bigger and older it just unclips and is a normal baby bath.
    I was looking at getting one of those because I bought a bath from mothercare and didn't like it.
    Good to know that they come in handy
    I used the bathroom sink a couple of times with DS because he was so little and the bath was too big...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby baths

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddie View Post
    I have this one too. I love that he can lay there without much assistance from me. It was especially useful when he was a newborn and I was so freaked about bathing him.

He's getting too big for it now though, and he doesn't really like the toddler side, because he can't really kick around, so I'm on the lookout for something else.