+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What gestation did you have your VBAC?

I'm due tomorrow and have been encouraging labour for almost 3 weeks now.
    Getting quite anxious every day I wake up still pregnant.
    My OB here is giving me until 10 days over before a c-section or I'll have to be transferred to another hospital being classed "high risk" as our local hospital is small and doesn't have facilities. I'd choose the c-section as I feel completely uncomfortable with the other hospital.

Been DTD daily (sometimes multiple times), using EPO vaginally, clary sage oil and nipple stimulation.
    Feeling a bit hopeless at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing my ob is letting me go 40 weeks + i'm so relieved! At one stage i was told i will be induced before christmas so im in and out before christmas time how awful!!! it seemed my decisions were made for me! Some dr's r just crapper than othe3rs lol
    i know this bub wont budge till after 40 weeks, i just know it!
    Goodluck!
    No advice on encouraging labour except maybe some walking after dinner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a fabulous VBAC...on my due date! I was so scared I wouldn't go into spontanous labour, as I had been warned that if I needed to be induced my options would be limited. I was doing all the same things as you plus bouncing on a fitball. As my due date approached I felt nothing and was so sure I wouldn't be going into labour anytime soon, and then - waters broke at home at 3am and he was born at 1pm, no drugs and a beautiful experience! All the best, I hope it happens for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews

My first I was induced 12 days over, my second I went into labour 7 days past Edd and had her 9 days past Edd.

I am having my third vbac next month and expect to be overdue again.

There's no reason at all to not 'be allowed' to go past the Edd just because its a vbac

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm waiting too, every day! it's so frustrating.. lol. not to mention I feel anxious and sickly too on and off. this heat doesn't help either.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm only 38 weeks but waiting anxiously too. My DS was born 38 + 3.

Things on my list if I get past 40 weeks include long walks and acupuncture. Although my acupuncturist said she won't use the 'inducing points' until 40 weeks minimum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: What gestation did you have your VBAC?

My first VBAC was a spontaneous labour at 40+2, born 32 hours later, laboured at home for the first 24 hours before heading to the hospital (anticipated a hospital birth).

My second VBAC was a spontaneous labour at 41+4, born 2.5 hours later at home (planned homebirth).

My third VBAC was a spontaneous labour at 37+6, born 3.5 hours later at home (planned freebirth).

So all different gestations, but all in their own time, birth happens when it's ready

*I can haz typos*

RoseKathleen is offline ...Yes - motherhood is a full-time job!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My vbac was on my due date (altho I started labour 2 days earlier). DD appeared "overcooked" when she was born so maybe they got the dates a bit out?

I went to see the Ob at 39w1d and he told me to rebook another appointment for a fortnight's time! Not what a heavily pregnant woman wanted to hear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What gestation did you have your VBAC?

Labour started spontaneously at 40+3 & baby born 40+6

Goodluck!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I had loads of acupuncture leading up, and a really awesome hard core myotherapy massage on the morning I 'thought' something was happening. I was right and had my VBA2C at 11:20pm that night, 2 days before my due date.