+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Not giving baby a name... For a while anyway

Just wondering if anyone has had not been able to decide on a name pre-birth or very soon after.

I havent found a girls name i love yet, unlike DS who we named after finding out sex at 20weeks.

I am worried we wont have a name for the baby before she arrives, and am so over looking at name lists - it really isn't fun anymore.
    Last edited by baby4us; 25-11-2012 at 02:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Not giving baby a name... For a while anyway

Yep i didn't name DS1 until a week after he was born. I just couldn't decide on anything.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

DS was nameless for 2.5 weeks! It was my ex's fault though, every time I wanted to discuss names he put it off.

DD wasn't named until day 2 or 3, but did at least have a name by the time I left hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're due in a few weeks and we can't for the life of is think of a namr we like so nameless he shall remain till we can!

With our first we had the name picked before he was born and thought it suited him so it was easy.

Not quite sure what we'll do if we can't think of anything at all but im expecting a name to pop up once we see his face.

Thanks
    Reviews

We were due yesterday and don't have a boys name we like! We don't know what we are having yet, but chances are for this reason it will be a a boy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Not giving baby a name... For a while anyway

Katelyn and jasper were both baby-no-name for about a fortnight. Jasper was named in ED at the hospital 11 days old after a sleep apnea because we needed to fill out paper work.

We had many awkward conversations taking them out, particularly katelyn as we went out heaps in the pram before she was named so lots of "how old...what's her name?" ....ummm.... well.....

Plus the constant questions from family, it stressed them out way more than us. They were "the baby" to us. They didn't NEED names until we were ready. Also this weird feeling like before they are named they are totally *ours* and they were just our baby they didnt need to be anyone else yet.... I really can't put my finger on it but in a way I quite liked not naming them straight away.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 25-11-2012 at 07:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't name DD for 2.5 weeks. We had two names we liked, but wanted to get to know her before deciding.

It drove our family crazy!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    We were due yesterday and don't have a boys name we like! We don't know what we are having yet, but chances are for this reason it will be a a boy...
    We were like this, but luckily we did have a girl. We had like three girls names so I had to force myself to stop looking at girls. I just couldn't find a boys name we LOVED. There was plenty of nice names but I found boys names so hard to pick. I still joke if it was a boy would have been unnamed for a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Trevor wasnt named until the was born. I didnt have a name and dad was dead set that he was not to be named after him he doesnt like Jrs The other name I loved I couldnt use because he hated it due to it was the last name of a cop that had arrested him

So I had him and they wouldnt let me leave until he had a name on his Birth certificate and social security card. So Trevor it was.

Thanks
    Reviews

We named DD at about 20 weeks
    When we had DS we didn't have a name for him and he was nameless till he was almost a week old... We decided on 'cooper' lol well DD had other ideas!! I said DD this is Cooper and she said "no, that's Ethan..." Wouldn't give up... So Ethan it was lol
    So it took a week to name DS