+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I fed my DD to sleep until almost 20months (despite all of the *rod for your own back* comments). She weaned suddenly and I would just pat her to sleep. No problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeding to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I fed my DD to sleep until almost 20months (despite all of the *rod for your own back* comments). She weaned suddenly and I would just pat her to sleep. No problems.
    This makes me feel better! I still feed DS to sleep at 19 months, not too worried. Like most in the thread I don't imagine he will be feeding to sleep at 18!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds1 was given a bottle before his big sleep and even for naps when he was baby till toddler. Is this what you call feed to sleep? I don't see any problem with baby having a filled tummy and going to sleep happily like that. He stopped doing that once we started giving milk in a cup. I can't even remember any problem to this habit. You can call it a habit or association or even part of a routine, it doesn't matter. I think it's fine.

But with feeding to sleep by the boob, yes there's a problem cos it makes the mum indispensable. We see this and so I can feed DS2 to sleep but DH can only use the dummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feeding to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by pianolady View Post
    i have a 2 yo who still feeds to sleep. wakes twice a night. How do u stop the habit? he doesn't feed during the day any more.
    Dont know if this the recommended / right way, i kinda of just made it up as i went along. At around two i had had enough of feeding to sleep, so would give him boob then say boobies going to sleep now, so are we. He cried .... a lot. I gave in a lot to start with, then gave in less and less, till eventually he would fall asleep without feeding to sleep. Our routine was books, boobies, lights out, fall asleep while being cuddled. I have just fully weaned him after 2 years 8 months of Breastfeeding and really only because I am nearly due to have second bub and Breastfeeding was becoming extremely painful. I put band aids over my nipples and said that boobies were broken. he has stopped waking in the night now, before weaning he was waking for a midnight boobie, even though he had fallen asleep on his own. Feel free to pm me if you want to know more. Sorry to high jack your thread op.