+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Neighbours kids jumping our fence to get balls - into pool area

Would you be annoyed??

Today we were setting up a trampoline for DS when all of a sudden a boy about 8-10 walks up to our pool gate (he was inside our pool area) and says 'hey can u help me get our ball out of your pool?'

Our yard is separated into 3 sections with the pool in the middle one.they back onto two sections iykwim. We have the correct pool fencing around it and then your normal 6ft wooden fece separating our yard from theirs.

I told him not to jump our fence again because he could fall into the pool etc but DH doesn't seem to think its a big deal. He said he saw them jump into our other section of yard to get a ball yesterday too.

Doesn't help that our pool had about 40 rocks thrown in it last week (they moved in a month ago) and that they have their trampoline with no net pushed up against our fence!

Just wanted to see what other ppl think & what would you have said or done?

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes they need to respect your privacy and your safety concerns are understandable. Throwing rocks in your yard is unacceptable and I would nip the whole thing in the bud now by having a friendly chat with their parents if they don't follow your instructions and continue with their annoying behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Neighbours kids jumping our fence to get balls - into pool area

Maybe pop over (around the street ) and have a chat with the parents tp let them know it's been happening so (hopefully) they also reinforce not to jump your fence and maybe supervise a bit more?

Hopefully he doesn't come back over.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be pretyy peeved. What if you were sunbathing naked or something? Our neighbour (16) is always missing his basketball ring and getting it in our yard and every time he would come to the front door and ask. Deffenetly go speak to his parents. Lack of respect and privacy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Neighbours kids jumping our fence to get balls - into pool area

We had neighbour kids do this to us. I would tell them not to jump the fence. The kept doing it so one day I said that next time they jump the fence I am going to tell their parents. so the next time they jumped or tried to, I asked them which parent (knowing both mum and dad were there) would growl at them the most. Dad. So I said "right, either you go tell you're mum what you have been up to or I'm gonna go tell you're dad." There was a bit of yelling going on later that afternoon and they behaved themselves for at least 6 months after that. Mind you though they were also throwing oranges at our roof and trying to stir our dog up. I also take photos when they jump so I have proof. I have told the kids we have video cameras as well.

It hasn't stopped them totally but it had slowed them right down to one event every maybe 6 months.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Absolutely go and have a friendly chat with the parents. Kids unsupervised in a pool area IS a big deal! Suppose the kid stumbled, hit his head and fell in the pool while you weren't home?

I'd tell the neighbours that not only is it unsafe for the kids, but you frequently walk around naked and have backyard sex so they probably don't want the kids to see

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

Amira  (25-11-2012),Gandalf  (25-11-2012),~ElectricPink~  (25-11-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    Absolutely go and have a friendly chat with the parents. Kids unsupervised in a pool area IS a big deal! Suppose the kid stumbled, hit his head and fell in the pool while you weren't home?

I'd tell the neighbours that not only is it unsafe for the kids, but you frequently walk around naked and have backyard sex so they probably don't want the kids to see
    This for sure. It would be horrible to think that something terrible happened from something silly like retrieving a ball. Let them know that if you see their ball in your yard you will always throw it back over but climbing is not on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should say something to the parents before it becomes a usual thing for them to do or before they do worse things.

We have several neighbours that I shouldve commented when they moved in that their habits were inconsiderate and annoying. Now its a few years down the track and they are driving me crazy

2plus3equals6 is offline impatiently waiting TTC miracle number 4
    Thanks
    Reviews
    http://splashmagazine.com.au/2012/07...dler-drowning/

this story from this year comes to mind, I realise you said your pool is fenced properly but given you know that next door trampoline is pushed against fence enabling a child to easily jump fence then maybe that could (should the worst happen) then it may be claimed you didn't do all in your power to stop them knowing they can and have jumped it in the past but not appoached the parents to try stop it etc etc...

so yep I would be annoyed but more than annoyed I would be concerned for the kids and just go have a chat to the parents to work with them to ensure they stay safe.

PS. write in your diary that you did go see them and what happened just to cover yourself, if you hadn't been home today to help them get the ball back you cannot guarentee the child wouldn't have tried get it out on their own and you don't know their ability in the water.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2plus3equals6 For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (25-11-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews

What about putting lattice up along your fence to raise the height of the fence so they can't get over or see over