+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child Psychologist

Hi, it was the last straw today.... I Have finally decided to make an app with a child psychologist. I called one (just found on google) and got an appointment for jan. I couldn't believe the price $1000 for an emotional behavioural evaluation! Admittedly this is 4 appointments.... Initial, 3 testing appointments and the final report appointment. Is this price excessive?
    Also would you recommend a child psych? As said above I just did a google search as I had no where else to start..... I'd love to hear your experiences/ recommendations!
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is that price for diagnostic testing? (can't remember the name of it). If so, yes that is the standard price. Some charge more, some charge less (mine charges $800 I think but that is very cheap).

My DS's psych is a Godsend. She is amazing. I would recommend her to anyone. I've never seen any others though to compare but I imagine that there would be good and bad out there, and you also need to get one that clicks with your child.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That price is in the range of most comprehensive assessments. Depending on the issues you're having with your child, you might be able to get a referral from your GP with a Mental Health Plan, which means that Medicare covers some of the cost. I'd recommend you have a chat with your GP to check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Child Psychologist

Agreed. If you can get an assessment through your gp, and have it covered through medicare you'll still have out of pockets, but you'll also be able to claim through the medical tax offset at the end of the financial year. It may also fall under the medical safety net with medicare.

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Child Psychologist

Thanks! Good to know. When u take into account how comprehensive it i guess it doesn't seem so expensive.
    It will be worth every cent to finally get some answers and support!