+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had my first doctor's appointment this morning
    We firstly went over dates to get an edd - (2nd of August!)
    We also talked about obstetricians (I'm going private) and she wrote me a referral.
    She also referred me for bloods and a dating scan for a couple of weeks time.
    she gave me a booklet about foods to avoid and adviced me about vitamins.
    I'm going back later in the week to go over blood results, get weighed and have a pap.
    Feel so good after seeing her, she was almost as excited as I am!
    Good luck with your appointment!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to calicocat For This Useful Post:

LeeJay  (26-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeJay View Post
    Congrats on your positive and first appointment!!!
    Thanks for this information! Very helpful!

Did you just go to a local GP for the first appointment?
    Did they talk about pap-smears? I have never had one (I know... terrible!!! Please don't judge). So, I am assuming they will expect me to do that?
    Did you talk about choosing a hospital or midwives? Or does that come later?
    Did you talk about getting a first trimester scan (between 6 - 10 weeks)? Or is that not necessary.

Sorry for the endless questions everyone! As I said... Very, very new at this. Hehe.

Wow, I feel like you've jumped in my head and posted this for me! I am EAXCTLY the same as you LeeJay! Two tests confirmed, and booked in to see a GP my friend recommended - also wondering what to expect! Also hoping I don't get too bad of a wrap on the knuckles for not having a pap smear due to doctor aversion! All the best with everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my bloods and Pap smear done a month before we conceived ( all very planned) .. So at my docs yesterday we just did referrals .. My first midwife appointment is 15 jan around 12 or 13 weeks ..got pathology forms for nt scan and 12 week and 18/20 ultrasounds .. Also got all the paperwork from my bloods
    Last edited by Maybelline; 29-11-2012 at 12:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first GP appointment this morning! All went well :-)

She took down my details (first day of last period, how many days late I was, length of my cycle, whether I'd taken a pregnancy test, personal and family health background, etc.) and predicted my due date to be the 30th of July (we thought it would be 4th of August). She took my blood pressure, weighed me, etc. Seems like I'm nice and healthy all around (fingers and toes).

She gave me paperwork to take to the pathologist next door straight after (for a blood and urine test) and paperwork for the local radiologist (to get a dating scan) in a week or so. Apparently because my cycle is longer than the average cycle, we need to get an early scan to check how far along I am, so we can be more accurate with the EDD. I am happy with that, because I really wanted an early scan anyway.

She asked when my last pap smear was... To which I replied... "Never". She wasn't judgemental at all! Which was nice! She just told me I would need to have the papsmear when I come back to get my blood results back in a week. She said it is completely safe, particularly in early pregnancy.

Thanks again for all the help everyone!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh... and she told us we will discuss our OB and private vs. public hospital options/choices during our return visit...