+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Making your own dog food

Lots of dogs who have itchy skin and allergies can actually be allergic to the grains used in dog biscuits. Since my mums silky stopped having them his skin cleared up.

My dog recently had bladder stones removed which were caused from ph balance. She lives on the diet I mentioned in my post earlier and filtered water since our water here is very hard. No dried food and only roo jerky as treats. I'm very lucky to have a pet food supplier not too far from where I live who knows where everything she gets comes from

Thanks
    Reviews
    We feed twice a day...... all raw.

breakky is a roo tail or ox tail or chicken carcasses, I zap them for 1 min from the freezer to take the hard frozen off it and they enjoy chewing and nawing and eating, it occupies them for a while as well

dinner is either roo mince/sardines/tuna/or any mince that was on special at the supermarket, with veggie slops (i make from our scraps), yoghurt (natural only) and once or twice a week they get a raw egg shell and all. Twice a week I substitute the meat component for an offal mix. In this feed they get the glucosamine condroitin n msm powder for their knees and flaxseed oil.

I have yet to read a dry biscuit ingredients list I'd be happy to feed to my dog, they are horrible. We never feed cooked bones or bones that shard. About once a fortnight they'll get a marrow bone (I buy one bone sliced long ways) instead of dinner. Snacks are raw carrots, eaten like a bone or buffalo pizzles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Making your own dog food

Our dog eats shoes, lumps of concrete and irrigation piping :/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitman For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (25-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo View Post
    Our dog eats shoes, lumps of concrete and irrigation piping :/
    Woopsie, naughty pooch