+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: High chair help!

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Just be careful with it as I found it was easy for DS to push it over ( with him in it!) so don't leave them unsupervised - mum had one for him at her place and he used to rock it while in it to tip it over as it is very light weight
    Really, when ours is pushed it just slides along the floor but maybe because we have floorboards?

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think the Ikea ones are great when kids get a little older, but when they are young, I like any highchair that has a squashy cushion padding, wheels, a seat harness, reclines back and lowers so it doubles as a seat/ recliner. They look a little daggy, but work so well. My DD is 4 months tomorrow and I will be getting her one soon so she can start to sit around with us, even though she can't 'sit' or support herelf yet, or even eat food for that matter! I will add the tray later for toys and food.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

moosey  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default High chair help!

Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Really, when ours is pushed it just slides along the floor but maybe because we have floorboards?

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub
    DS literally rocks it side to side so it would fall over or once he lent right over to try grab the cat and it tipped over but luckily DH caught him!
    It was fine as a spare for mum as long as we took him out as soon as he finished eating but I would not recommend it as a main high chair, it's quite uncomfortable I would think for long periods of time as its not padded , mine only had the lap sash , no harness - not sure if that's changed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

moosey  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High chair help!

Ikea!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High chair help!

I have a steelcraft one that cost $100 and use my $20 ikea one more!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

moosey  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High chair help!

Omg how funny I come across this thread today - I just found out how much I LOVE our high chair - the first years miswivel.

Four month old DS did a massive poo explosion today while sitting in his chair. While bathing him I was dreading the thought of washing the chair because I didn't know how I was going to get the poo out of the harness straps (the padding I wasn't too worried, it could be wiped down).

Anyway, upon further inspection I find you can remove the padding and straps pretty much in one go! So I just dumped them in the washing machine. The chair underneath doesn't really have any little nooks and crannies for yucky stuff to get stuck in either, so I just gave it a quick wipe.

I first got the chair because I liked that you could strap it to a normal dining chair (the highchairs I saw took up a HUGE amount of space and our dining area is too small!). It can also be used from birth (reclined) to 4 years (as a booster seat), so DS has been sitting with us at the dinner table since he was born, and the tightwad in me likes I won't have to pay again for a booster when DS gets older.

Anyway, sorry, I know it's a long post about a feeding chair but I'm so excited, I just had to share!

(how sad, I really need a life LOL)