+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    How do you find a wholesaler in Australia?

I was trying to source some out of curiosity but not sure where/how to start.

If anyone would like to pm me to share some tips, advice or even guide me in the direction of how to find them etc, that would be great

I have heard ill things about Alibaba, DP wanted to import stuff through them but I wasn't sure what to trust etc. I don't think I would choose them. Especially not for beauty stuff. I would be worried about the quality etc.
    Guess it depends what you are after! In my business I got my wholesale contacts from a printer friend. It is incredibly difficult to find a wholesalers contact details I found...even if you have a label and a website often they wont put contact details on. Once I got a few contacts, then I was able to get some more from the wholesalers....its feels like this secret society but once you are in you are in!

There are some wholesalers that sell to general public but you wouldnt be getting true wholesale prices IMO. For my wholesalers I have to be a registered business with an ABN to be able to purchase...but the prices are pretty damn good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Importing goods from os manufacturer to redistribute in Australia?

Grey there's a wholesale baby business, they are called something like......wholesale baby. Will prob come up with google. Could be a starting point.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks guys, I was just curious as I know of a lot of people starting up business etc and was just taking an interest in how it all works (sourcing wholesalers that is).

Thanks for the time

Thanks
    Reviews

Do you know what sort of thing you're after?

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Not particularly. My problem is there's too much I'm interested in and one minute I want to head in one direction, then I change my mind.

I am business minded and wouldn't have hassles getting it all going. My issue is just unsure on sourcing wholesalers and what area I would like to head in.

I am just so bored at home and thinking of making a start for myself as opposed to going back to the family business.

Thanks
    Reviews

You can usually approach most manufacturers directly, and they will prob have a minimums order quantity to start with. It would all depend how you intend to do things I guess.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hear you on the so many ideas! I had the idea to import swing egg chairs from China. Great business idea for someone who has the room to store them. It worked out they I could get each chair for $130 each including sea freight! They sell here for at least $300-$400 so a tidy profit but the problem was I had to buy a container load at a time and I had nowhere to store the chairs. I didn't want to rent out warehouse space to store the chairs so just gave up on the idea. I still believe it's an awesome money making idea.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (27-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

It seems that way, but you would also pay GST, customs, storage and insurance. You are deemed the manufacturer so if anyone gets injured you're liable, anything to done with kids has shocking premiums for insurance.

People do make money on eBay but the most successful employ some sophisticated techniques for spotting the next big thing, big sellers, etc