+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

Hi. I'm still in a little bit of shock so apologies if this doesn't make much sense.

I had our DD3 15 weeks ago. When she was 6 weeks old I had the Depo shot (hadn't had my AF return yet). Dr did a blood test to rule out pregnancy JIC before I had the shot.

Fast forward to about 3-4 weeks ago. I had bleeding which seemed a lot like AF, including cramping. About a week later had some pain around my lower abdomen (also had this with my dd3- turns out it was implantation). For the last couple of weeks I have a had increasing nausea, and slight cramping. The last week I have also noticed certain smells make me feel like I'm going to be sick.

Even though I'm not due for the next shot for another 2 weeks, something made me do a HPT. Wednesday just gone I did one late afternoon- and it came back BFP! It was very faint, but definitely there. I did another one with FMU Thursday and it was negative. Then I had a gut feeling to test again yesterday (Friday) (mid morning) and another BFP, ever so slightly darker then the one done Wednesday. Went to the dr yesterday arv and had a blood test. He also did one of their tests and it was negative.

Any who. Did another HPT this morning with FMU- and again it's BFP! Still faint but darker then the other ones.

I don't know what to think. If it had of only been one positive test I would put it down to a false positive, but to have 3 positives on 3 different tests (they were from different boxes).... Surely that many wouldn't be wrong?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow... im on that shot atm...
    three positives? hopefully your tests from doctor come back asap!
    good luck with everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

Technically 4 positives but one is so faint you can barely see it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure how your feeling, but i gotta say im a Lil jealous.
    df and i want baby number 4 but we have to wait a Lil while til our finances are completely in order and we buy a 7 seater car.
    would you be happy to be pregnant again Lilmiss. i know its so soon after baby #3
    how are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

Oh we will be screwed finacially. As it is we have to move towns just to afford to live. But we will manage. We weren't planning on anymore, at least not for another 2 or so years. But obviously the universe thinks this little miracle should be with us (however long it might be- I'm not holding my breath it will be a successful pregnancy). If I am I will be thrilled. Scared ****less but thrilled. Hubby by so much. He doesn't want anymore.
    I guess a positive to having them so close (will be almost exactly 12 months apart), is that we won't just be getting out of the baby stage only to go straight back into it, they will do things at relatively the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear your trying to look at the positives.
    definitely won't be easy. but i wish you the best of luck and good health!
    would love to hear updates from you, see how your doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Oh we will be screwed finacially. As it is we have to move towns just to afford to live. But we will manage. We weren't planning on anymore, at least not for another 2 or so years. But obviously the universe thinks this little miracle should be with us (however long it might be- I'm not holding my breath it will be a successful pregnancy). If I am I will be thrilled. Scared ****less but thrilled. Hubby by so much. He doesn't want anymore.
    I guess a positive to having them so close (will be almost exactly 12 months apart), is that we won't just be getting out of the baby stage only to go straight back into it, they will do things at relatively the same time.
    I conceived my son while on Depo. I was shocked too. Of course I conceived one of my daughters while on the pill, which is why I went to Depo because I figured I must have messed the pill up or something . It was a healthy pregnancy and easy delivery no complications.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Pregnant on Depo

Thanks Lovemyfam. I have heard of a lot of people conceiving on it. My dr reckons I'm not pregnant (he saw the first 2 tests and agreed they were positive?!) so I'm confused as hell lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Thanks Lovemyfam. I have heard of a lot of people conceiving on it. My dr reckons I'm not pregnant (he saw the first 2 tests and agreed they were positive?!) so I'm confused as hell lol.
    Hmm thats strange. Did he tell you why he didnt think you were pregnant? I hope it works out the way you want it too. I have heard a lot of people getting pregnant on it too, seems they need a stronger shot for some of us

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Pregnant on Depo

Subbing Id like to hear the outcome of this! Best of luck-What are you hoping for? pg or not?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub