+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bali..what's your tips.

Sorry to crash the thread but when you go and visit these gorgeous places, how do you get there? I'm not too keen on traveling in a dodgy taxi with no baby seat and ?possibly? No seatbelt! Is there any safe way of getting around with young kids? I'd love to go but don't want to be stuck in the hotel the whole time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We paid for a driver, about $50 a day in an aircon van plus $5 a day for a forward facing babyseat. People said we were ripped off but we weren't bothered. Felt safer and didnt go out everyday so didnt mind.
    You can hire seats, prams, portacots etc from a few places that deliver to your hotel/villa for your stay.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't been since having children (my last trip was 2008 or so), but my parents always hired private drivers when we were younger, so that's what I would do.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bali..what's your tips.

Thanks heaps for that! I feel better now and I'll def be getting the driver! Who cares about the $$ when safety is at stake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When are you going to Bali?

I got back from 10 days over there yesterday and I have to say the traffic is a nightmare!! There is soooo much construction going on with the new airport and a tunnel/overpass for traffic going that its taking a good hour to get from Kuta to Seminyak.

Anyway, we stayed in Tuban which is a little more quieter then Kuta but once again, so much construction with new hotels going up everywhere.

We have been to Bali Zoo, Bali Safari & Marine park, swimming with the dolphins, seeing the sunset at Tanah lot, quad bike riding, craft markets at Ubud and just general shopping etc.

As someone else suggested, go to the bali travel forums and get as much info as you can, that way you will know what to expect when you get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bali garden beach resort was nice, we had a room facing the street but didn't hear any traffic (and there is a lot!) the room was big and basic, bed was comfy and the air con cold. I had a massage at the spa - it was great, can't remember price.

I liked this hotel as it was on the beach and we could walk into kuta and there were less sellers.

I loved ubud - we just went for the day. Would love to stay there next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Bali..what's your tips.

Can anyone tell me what the prices are like? In regards to food and shopping, etc? And has anyone done the bali-komodo island cruise? Was it worth the money?

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub