+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bali..what's your tips.

We may be going to Bali and need some tips. Have you been?

Where did you stay ? Was it great or crap lol.

What did you do there ?

Any tips welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed y bali garden beach resort - nice location, right across the road from waterbom papark. We also went on a bike ride tour - great fun

Google bali travel forum - lots of good advice, tips and reports

also google dons bali guide for lists of things to do

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by mum2twinboys View Post
    We stayed y bali garden beach resort - nice location, right across the road from waterbom papark. We also went on a bike ride tour - great fun

Google bali travel forum - lots of good advice, tips and reports

also google dons bali guide for lists of things to do
    I am heading to Bali next year and we are staying at this hotel. Can you tell me what it's like? Is it fairly nice? Also, did you happen to check out the spa? What were the prices like for massages etc?

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you don't want busy and touristy I would look at Ubud. It's so peaceful, no one harasses you and it's very family friendly. I would never stay in Kuta.

Enjoy ! Drink plenty of bottled water and rest during the day. The humidity can be intense.

I'm going in 5 days. Cannot wait !

Thanks
    Reviews

We stayed in Seminyak which is a lovely area.

The place we stayed was called The Sanyas Suites and we loved it.

I agree with the PP that suggested Ubud too, it's absolutely beautiful. We will spend more time there next time we go.

We did an excellent mountain bike tour in Ubud. I think it was called Banyan Tree Bike Tours. Highly, highly recommended

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went with earlier this year. Stayed in a 4 bed villa called Rumi Villas in Seminyak. Own pool, cleaner, cooks, security guards. 1 min walk to Main Street. was perfect so when kids slept we weren't confined to a hotel room, and $250 a night was great value.
    Guess it depends on age of kids, ours were 1&2.

Thanks
    Reviews

We stayed at Legian beach hotel. Great spot, beautiful hotel and right on the beach. Loved it!!!

We r planning to go next September and its our first time with kids. We will have a 3 yr old and a 4/5 month old. Can I crash ur thread and ask if anyone has been with a baby this young? Where did u stay? I'm thinking padma...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews

We stayed in kuta which was good for shopping and the waterbom park and discovery mall, but we wished we had stayed in legian or seminyak as there are supposedly a bit more up market and we found kuta really busy, lots of people heckling and trying to constantly get you to come into their stall, but the place we stayed at we had to walk past them EVERY day to go anywhere as we were right down the end of town, so it got a bit much after ten days. We swam with dolphins for about $40 pp! It was amazing you go out on a little boat to a floating pen, they were so well cared for and were let out into the ocean at night and came ack in the morning. We wish we'd spent less time shopping and more time sight seeing.
    When you are bargaining for stuff, remember they are trying to rip you off BIG time. Our first shopping experience someone tried to sell me a "Gucci" bag for $200! I got it else where for $25 lol just be firm and say no thanks and walk off. Some are rude and very pushy.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLips View Post
    If you don't want busy and touristy I would look at Ubud. It's so peaceful, no one harasses you and it's very family friendly. I would never stay in Kuta.

Enjoy ! Drink plenty of bottled water and rest during the day. The humidity can be intense.

I'm going in 5 days. Cannot wait !
    This.

You couldn't pay me to stay in Kuta. I've been several times and have stayed all over Bali, but my favourite place by far is Ubud. It's serene and simply stunning, plus less touristy. It's less about shopping and more about relaxing and enjoying the gorgeous Balinese culture.

Things to do that I can think of-

- Check out Mandala Wisata Wanara Wana (the "monkey forest")
    - Visit Pura Taman Saraswati - a stunning temple located in a water garden which is chockablock filled with lotus flowers.
    - Visit some of the art galleries and museums (especially Puri Lukisan...some wonderful traditional Balinese art, and Neka art museum)
    - Visit Gunung Kawi (ancient Hindu temples)
    - Balinese cooking school (there are several)
    - Get a massage or visit a spa
    - Don't leave without seeing a traditional Balinese dance (Legong is my favourite) or before listening to a Gamelan.
    - Eat Nasi Goreng for breakfast

Oh and make sure you go to Cafe Lotus - a restaurant overlooking a beautiful lotus pond. I love it there, it's very relaxing and the food is yummy.

Enjoy!