+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by youmake3 View Post
    My MIL drives me crazy but I am quite good at avioding her however I think my mum is worse. She is so set in her ways. DS has had a rough time with reflux i the beginning and we both got no sleep and I had no idea what was wrong. My mother kept trying to tell me and the world I had PND and said some babies just cry and my brother was like that so she always had him on the boob. Thank god i got that all under control. Her latest is that I am now too over protective. Today DS felt as if he had a temp so I went and bought a themometer to check. Mum said that was being too over protective. She drives me insane at times.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I know.. Mothers can be the worst sometimes. My mum is very superstitious. When DD was crying a lot in the first few weeks, she actually told me, that she thinks that somebody jinxed DD. I didn't know what to say. I was like, "Umm, but mum, babies do cry, you know.."

True story, lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    I got told by someone that to get my DD to have naps, I should face her pram into the sun so she can't open her eyes, then she will fall asleep.
    Whhhhaaaattt !!??? Ha ha ! I got told by a nurse at a private drs clinic years ago that when I wanted to stop breastfeeding my son I should put Tabasco on my nipple ..... she was serious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Annoying MIL

Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    Whhhhaaaattt !!??? Ha ha ! I got told by a nurse at a private drs clinic years ago that when I wanted to stop breastfeeding my son I should put Tabasco on my nipple ..... she was serious!
    :-/ no way. Oh that's so scary that people like that are health care providers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Annoying MIL

Though I must say even though I never did it on purpose if I was walking and the pram happened to face the sun, with muslin wrap thrown over it, jasper sometimes did just fall asleep.

I also did the brow to nose stroking thing - still do and it works for him even at 4 Years. or gently blowing air in his face.or very very gently tickling his eye lashes. Sometimes he just has to close his eyes so he can go to sleep and he just won't do it. But it's times where it literally takes 15 seconds. When he's at the point of "lights are on but nobody is home" lol.

But anything like that would peeve katelyn right off. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub