+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    I got told by someone that to get my DD to have naps, I should face her pram into the sun so she can't open her eyes, then she will fall asleep.
    ... or go blind...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Annoying MIL

I got told by someone that to get my DD to have naps, I should face her pram into the sun so she can't open her eyes, then she will fall asleep.
    WTH!!!??!!! :s

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I agree with ur Mil.

I mean 8 months old, what is she even still doing at home? Shes a big girl now. Kick her out and tell her to get a job!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soon2bmumzy View Post
    Omg! Was she serious?

My MIL is awesome thank goodness!
    100% serious. It worked for her children when they were babies apparently. I decided to skip trying that, funnily enough

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Annoying MIL

Someone on the street told me this today!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Ellymoe  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Haha I said this to my MIL and she got into a real huff! Then said 'well I think the old ways are better'.
    My grandma pulls that out sometimes. That they didn't do xyz then and they are fine blahblahblah.

Though my grandma goes on the craziest tangents about parenting to the point I do not think she listens to herself speak. Like saying that hands are for loving, it confuses children if you hit them with your hand - that's why you should use an implement. Or goes on about silly things mothers worry about these days (like basic health and safety)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post

Though my grandma goes on the craziest tangents about parenting to the point I do not think she listens to herself speak. Like saying that hands are for loving, it confuses children if you hit them with your hand - that's why you should use an implement.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    I shouldn't laugh, but.....

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddie View Post
    -his diet should include ice cream and cake because kids like those things (he was 8 months at the time)
    Oh yes, I've had that one too.
    I've had MIL thrusting a kids menu at me and telling me to order the nuggets, that DD will love them and when I politely declined and ordered DD a salad plate (strips of capsicum, cucumber and carrot, cherry toms, cheese, chunks of ripe avocado), she complained to the waitress that I really had no idea what kids like to eat at restaurants and that her grandsons love nuggets and it wasn't fair that poor Miss 2 (at the time) had to miss out on a treat.

Over the years I have learnt to smile and nod, smile and nod

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think people older than us come from a time when there were a lot of rules in regards to parenting. Things you could or couldn't do in order to be a decent parent.

I think they don't want to be told their advice or information is wrong (as nobody would - I wouldn't appreciate my daughter being shocked in a bad way about how I raised her, and telling me she would NEVER EVER raise her kids like that... cos it kind of naturally gets the hackles up)... but they also see us as little kids, not grown adults... it's like they think we NEED their input and help.

Some older-generation people seem to be okay and realising this, and therefore keeping their mouth shut... others suck at it. They fail to acknowledge that we don't need their help, let alone their judgement and rude criticisms.

Just try to not let it worry you... or at least, don't let it question your parenting. Just come on here and complain about it... lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Annoying MIL

Hmm, I wonder if this would work if I used a really powerful, bright lamp instead... At least DS won't get sunburnt?

Lol, don't worry, only joking!

My IL told me to take DS to the hospital when he was a couple of weeks old as "there HAS to be something wrong with him why he's waking up every 2-3 hours. My son slept through as soon as I brought him home".

Nothing is wrong with him! He's a breastfed newborn, that's all!

They also gave me crap for putting on 15kg during my pregnancy, when they only put on 4.5kg during theirs. When MIL saw me she was so disappointed (I went from 55kg to 70kg, 11 days overdue).