+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What is the smallest dog that you can get in Australia ....

Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    This is a photo of Lily, my mum's Papillon, taken when she was quite a bit younger. She's 14 now.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    What are they like as pets ???? I am looking at maybe getting one ...??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What is the smallest dog that you can get in Australia ....

Quote Originally Posted by lovepurplebutterflies View Post
    What are they like as pets ???? I am looking at maybe getting one ...??
    She's a lovely little dog. They're supposed to be posessive of their owners & not friendly with other dogs, but Lily loves other dogs & mum's cats & other people. I love her to bits & highly recommend Papillons as pets. They are really cute when you talk to them too, because they tilt their heads & "flap" their ears like butterfly wings (which is how they got their name - Papillon is french for butterfly)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not a true breeder

This breeder was charged with faking dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsicle View Post
    There is just the one breeder in Australia. Southern cross Klee Kai. We were in a waiting list for 18 months. They have been amazing to deal with, she will be the only one in Perth that's registered apparently!! So excited!!!

ETA: she has cost us more than a months mortgage payments! So u need to consider that in your desire! Eep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    my parents have a long haired chihuahua who weighed a bit under 2kg last time they told me her weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really really recommend you go to the lost dogs home and provide a loving home for a little one that needs it. I don't mean to seem preachy, but there are too many lost and abandoned pets already and one from the home would provide you with just as much love as one you would purchase from a breeder or pet shop.

You might find the perfect small dog for you there.

And I would shy away from teacups. Breeding them for the sole purpose of having a tiny dog at the expense of their health is incredibly cruel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    I really really recommend you go to the lost dogs home and provide a loving home for a little one that needs it. I don't mean to seem preachy, but there are too many lost and abandoned pets already and one from the home would provide you with just as much love as one you would purchase from a breeder or pet shop.

You might find the perfect small dog for you there.

And I would shy away from teacups. Breeding them for the sole purpose of having a tiny dog at the expense of their health is incredibly cruel.
    This