+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is the smallest dog that you can get in Australia ....

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Can I just say, I cannot stand small dogs, I really can't warm to them and think they're nothing more than yappy rats.... but your dog is BEAUTIFUL!! I've never seen that breed before! Thanks for sharing!
    Naw thank you
    I first saw the breed when I was working with huskies in Alaska and fell in love!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Akk are a beautiful dog but I was reading the southern cross kk website and they are around $4000 each

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What is the smallest dog that you can get in Australia ....

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddie View Post
    Akk are a beautiful dog but I was reading the southern cross kk website and they are around $4000 each
    Yep cos they're only a relatively new breed.
    It'll be a while before I could afford one

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby star View Post
    Yep cos they're only a relatively new breed.
    It'll be a while before I could afford one

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    *cough* add a bit more. Website isn't very up to date. Looking at about $4700! Then she's costing $345 for the flight to Perth! Small fortune!
    But I can't imagine owning another breed other than a husky and I don't have the time or energy for a husky these days!

Thanks
    Reviews

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1353755077.246893.jpg
    This is Our girl....She is a wonderful dog very loving and a good guard dog ...we got her nearly close to $4500 and she copes quiet well with QLD heat and we watch her weight like a hawk... Would love to get another...

Thanks
    Reviews

Naaaww she's beautiful! Yeah, bullies are very $$$ but so worth it. They give you so much love and affection. There's no cuddle like a bulldog cuddle. : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Aren't ALL dogs (apart from crosses) bred specifically for a purpose? To be big, to be a seeing eye dog, to be large, to be a guard dog?

i dont see why a dog bred to be small is worse than breeding dogs to be large. The whole designer dogs is cruel imo.

I had a toy poodle growing up, and we chose him because he was the runt of the family. He lived for 18 years with very little health problems (until he was old and decrepit and was put down). I have heard that poodles can live a long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Aren't ALL dogs (apart from crosses) bred specifically for a purpose? To be big, to be a seeing eye dog, to be large, to be a guard dog?

i dont see why a dog bred to be small is worse than breeding dogs to be large. The whole designer dogs is cruel imo.

I had a toy poodle growing up, and we chose him because he was the runt of the family. He lived for 18 years with very little health problems (until he was old and decrepit and was put down). I have heard that poodles can live a long time.
    A runt is different, you wanted a small dog so you got a runt there are runts in litters and its ok to buy those as a pet but if you then took that runt then another runt from another litter and bred those together to get more runts thats where it it wrong IMO

All dogs are bred for a purpose yes. That purpose usually coincides with the size. When you breed for looks you lose so much of what the dog is. Usually you breed for something ie color or size you lose things and ignore other factors, and that is where health factors and temperament probs sneak in but if your only breeding for size or color you dont care because you can charge more and people will pay. Also you shouldn't be breeding just because you want to make money, you should be breeding dogs when you want a puppy and only to make a good example of the breed.

I showed and bred dogs for many years. In all those years I had 2 litters and studded out my males 2 times. They puppies sold for $1800 each and the stud fee was a pup back because I never bred unless I personally wanted a dog to show, but after seeing that one male was producing too many pet quality dogs ( he produced some pretty awesome show dogs too but the ratio wasnt enough to keep breeding him) he was neutered and never bred again. People who breed for size or color are what have ruined the pit bull/am staff breed along with other good breeds. Fad breeding is horrible and until people stop doing it dogs will suffer and good owners who buy these dogs will continue to suffer and have to watch their family member suffer unless they get lucky and get a healthy one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I dont see why people breed at all when we have so many being put down every year. I think the whole thing is horrid and upsetting. I dont know, I dont like messing with nature - surely breeding within the same breed isn't healthy.

Agree with you about the pit bulls, although I am uncertain as to why they were bred in the first place.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I Agree with you about the pit bulls, although I am uncertain as to why they were bred in the first place.
    'cause they're awesome

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (25-11-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast