+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Almost 2 month old - please share you night time routines

I have trouble with my two month old sleeping during the day... He wont sleep during the day in his cot. I try the "eat play sleep" thing with him but it doesn't work. He sleeps better if I nap with him rocking him to sleep and if he stirs! As for night he slept from 7-130am last night and then only woke up at 430am... Which to me was great! During the day is the worse! Hopefully it gets better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Almost 2 month old - please share you night time routines

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Have you tried sleepy wings? Inescapable!
    I was actually reading about theses today! I think I'm going to get some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I don't have an answer but just want to tell you, you are not alone!! My 7 week old DS is EXACTLY the same. I keep being told it is just the age and they will outgrow it. So I'm persisting with what works for me.

During the day, I change his nappy, wrap, cuddle and put him down while he's still awake. He can self settle but wakes up at the next sleep cycle. I'm willing to let him grizzle for a while and then I go in and do it all again. By the evening he can get so overtired and will kick and grunt and carry on but luckily will still do a 5-6 hour stretch.

In the evenings, he has a relaxing bath, massage and nice long cuddle time before bed. I do this at the same time without fail every single night. He used to whinge and moan for hours and want to be held to go to sleep. But last night I kept going in to resettle him as described above, and by 8.15pm, not another peep!

Don't beat yourself up for trying to teach little one to sleep. Just do what works for you. I'm finding as soon as you think you've got them figured out, they go and change the rules on you!

Take care and sending you big understanding hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I don't have an answer but just want to tell you, you are not alone!! My 7 week old DS is EXACTLY the same. I keep being told it is just the age and they will outgrow it. So I'm persisting with what works for me.

During the day, I change his nappy, wrap, cuddle and put him down while he's still awake. He can self settle but wakes up at the next sleep cycle. I'm willing to let him grizzle for a while and then I go in and do it all again. By the evening he can get so overtired and will kick and grunt and carry on but luckily will still do a 5-6 hour stretch.

In the evenings, he has a relaxing bath, massage and nice long cuddle time before bed. I do this at the same time without fail every single night. He used to whinge and moan for hours and want to be held to go to sleep. But last night I kept going in to resettle him as described above, and by 8.15pm, not another peep!

Don't beat yourself up for trying to teach little one to sleep. Just do what works for you. I'm finding as soon as you think you've got them figured out, they go and change the rules on you!

Take care and sending you big understanding hugs