+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 16-year-old house guest on holiday... how can I stop her from getting bored?

Sneak into resorts and use their pool...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Is this her first visit to Qld?
    Thanks everyone!

Not her first visit but the last visit was back when DD was 8 months old... DD is now 7... so I mean she was about 10-ish at the time... we stayed on the GC for that, her family and DD, ex-DP and me... she's already done the Theme Park thing but it was ages ago. DD and I have VIP passes for Movie World/Sea World/Wet n Wild so we can easily do that... we'll just get her one too.

We're Northside Bris... so we can do GC, it just takes a while to get there.

You're right in that she probably doesn't really care if she doesn't do much... I guess I first went to her state when I was only 2 years older than she is now, and I was happy to mostly just bludge around. Her mother is 10 years older than me (as I am her)... and I just enjoyed hanging out with her I guess. So I suppose it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm just worried. I've never had to care for another person before... this will pretty much be my first ever house guest (That I'm responsible for). lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 16-year-old house guest on holiday... how can I stop her from getting bored?

Sunshine Coast then. 16yos love a bit of glamour - go to Noosa for the day and people watch.

Then visit pretty much any of the beaches.

Plus, having your DD around means things like theme parks and Australia zoo are acceptable because she can pretend she is going there to make your DD happy and not because she also wants to!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Montville is really nice too.... Lots of little nick nacky shops and the pie shop!
    And there are glow worm caves that are pretty cool.. Can't remember where they were but if you google it it will tell you

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    After seeing this thread, I looked up Infinity - looks great - will arrange a visit next time I'm on the Gold coast.

However, I did get a chuckle when I saw that it said no children in backpacks. I'm assuming it means no children in slings or baby carriers. I just laughed picturing people shoving their kids in their backpacks to avoid paying entrance fees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 16-year-old house guest on holiday... how can I stop her from getting bored?

We went to infinity when we were there recently its awesome! Some parts scared the hell out of my 5year old dd though lol
    Also the aqua duck is good for sight seeing, although a 16 year old might think its lame. I enjoyed it!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: 16-year-old house guest on holiday... how can I stop her from getting bored?

Also just wanted to add a day trip to coochiemudlo island off Victoria point

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub