+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default restavit and b6?

Hi,just wondering if anyone has used the restavit and b6 combination for nausea?
    How many did you take? Thankyou
    Last edited by BH-tech; 06-07-2016 at 14:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i took dozile (same drug as restavit) from about week 6 to when I gave my birth, and it helped. I took one capsule before I went to bed at night, and it reduced nausea for the following 24 hours. I didn't take any b6, but apparently that helps.

I thought it might not be working, but if i forgot to take it, i would be more likely to throw up and the nausea was worse.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Jyesmummy  (23-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default restavit and b6?

I have! I used restavit for the first 20 weeks but not the b6. I had the one tablet every night.

Make sure you take the restavit at night as it makes you sleepy and it stops you being sick the whole next day. It was a real help to
    Me when nothing else would work!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

Jyesmummy  (23-11-2012),NORgirl  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default restavit and b6?

I took restavit once for sinus (when I wasn't pregnant yet) as its what my dad was prescribed to help sinus. Just try it on a day when you haven't got anything on the next day as I found I was absolutely wiped the next day from it. I took zofran for MS but it is pricey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks,i will try it on the day my 2 yo goes to kindy,don't want to be wiped out when i have to chase him around!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default restavit and b6?

Yeah, mine wiped me out too for the next few days but then my body got used to it.

Hope it helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do shift work and usually take it bout 8 pm the night before I have to be up 4am I try and take half a tablet now as a full one knocks me round the next day big time. Will have to stop taking it Jan though as will be going for first round of IVF .

Thanks
    Reviews
    DW has just been trying this now. She's had hyperemesis from week 6 and not able to keep enough fluid down to prevent dehydration. Maxalon doesn't do much for her, and gives nasty side-effects. Ondansetron doesn't give the side-effects, but doesn't help enough to get much food down. Stemetil has helped a bit, but a bit cautious about the category C classification of it.

She just tried half a Restavit last night with some Vitamin B6, and was nausia-free until mid-morning. Out of all the available medications, it seems to be the most effective for her.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default restavit and b6?

I took one restavit only at night, no b6 and it worked amazingly well for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I've been taking a restavit before bed then a zofran tablet at around 1pm and this is working quite well