+ Reply to Thread
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default DIY fake tan

So it's that time of year again, the pasty white legs are out and they look horrible. I would have already had my first spray tan for the season but this year things are a lil tight financially so I'm just wondering if you lovely ladies could give me some recommendations for decent DIY tans and maybe some tips to help get it even.

Do you wear gloves? Does this come with the tan itself or do you buy it separately?

Thanks heaps!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm pretty pasty and I use the Natio 'gradual tan'. I find it doesn't smell as completely foul as some of the others and because it's gradual it's only really smeared/streaky if I've made a HUGE blunder putting, but really hard to make a mistake. I've only used it a few times so far and they already have a nice shade of orange

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default DIY fake tan

Lol I don't wanna be orange though :-p

Do you wear gloves to put it on? And where do you buy it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If you want an instant one my SIL uses the 'sugar baby' one and looks great!

I personally don't use gloves, just wash my hands after. Unfortunately if you're pasty white like me you're pretty much guaranteed to have a carrot-ey hint to your skin lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I recommend a gradual tanner if u are really fair so u can slowly build up to the colour you want. If u use an instant tan just make sure u wash it off after about an hour or two so it doent develop too dark.

I use Vani-T tanning products. They have a self tan mousse (which comes with applicator gloves) or their gradual tanner is called body custard

Make sure u exfoliate beforehand and remove deoderant, make up etc. and once u have ur desired colour moisturise twice a day with a natural moisturiser

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default DIY fake tan

Le tan gradual tan is really good I use gloves to apply it on an also dove summer glow is great to I don't use gloves with that one it's also a gradual tan

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Vani-T products. Their mousse and body custard is to die for. Ella Bache also sell a good one called Tan Without Sun.

If you are white it doesn't mean you go orange. That's all dependent on what stuff you buy (and you do get what you pay for).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use Vani-T too! I love all there products Mine is the 7 hour one I think I just sleep with it on and wash it off in the morning LOVE it!!! I'm never orange

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually use Naked Tan mousse and love it.

Although, i got a Vani-T spray tan over the weekend and it was awesome!! Looked soooo natural so i would recommend trying that brand also.

No i dont use gloves, i just wash my hands straight afterwards.