+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default pognae baby carrier or another ergo (summer heat??)

I am wanting to purchase another soft-structured carrier. I have an ergo original which both baby and I adore, we live in it. Due to this it is getting faded and a bit tatty and I would love another carrier. I found the pognae when I was searching and just wondered if anyone owned one and what they think of it. Is it as good as the ergo or should i just buy another ergo.

I am a little worried about the summer heat and ergos. From what i have read about the ergo performance so far i am not completely sold. I am quite small framed and I am not really sure about those shoulder straps. My current carrier is black and I was thinking of getting a lighter coloured organic version, although I am not sure the colour is going to make too much of a difference in the heat.

Anyone have any experience wearing their ergo in the height of summer?

Would love to hear your advice : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i don't have either but i do like the fact the pognae has the air mesh.
    i think that would definately be cooler than the ergo.

all the mum's in my mum's group (100) who have ergo's say they are too hot for summer.
    why not try a mei tai? it's got padded rails but the seat for baby isn't thick like the ergos etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yeah a mei tai or a Podeigi would be your best option

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Sorry, am typing clumsily from my iPad, I was seconding what the poster before me had suggested! I realise this is prob different than a pod, but some days I figure I'll suggest the cheaper option :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the suggestions, will look into those. Thanks for taking the time to post photo Missie_Mack, it looks like a comfy carrier. With the few very humid days we have had on east coast I am really dreading February. Am definitely not a summer person, I really don't handle the heat well : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There are lots of other options in the market. Are you looking only for structured carrier? Have you tried the manduca? you mentioned you'd like an organic cotton option and the manduca is made from organic cotton and very adjustable. Do you need it for a newborn?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What I did the other day when it was 30+ oC and we had to go out in the ergo was wear a wet t-shirt and popped bubs in the ergo in just his nappy. Threw a wet muslin over his head and off we went. My top was dry by the time we got there :-) Good as a temporary measure on a hot day with an ergo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have been wearing my ergo performance for 4 months now, all of that time was with the infant insert in SA. As you can imagine on a hot day the insert makes it incredibly hot for
    Bub and wearer. Thankfully DS has just grown out of the insert so we can get away with just the little insert cushion under his bum.
    I've already noticed how much cooler it is for us both.

I find the straps ok, I am only 165 tall but I have broad shoulders. I mainly got the performance to suit my tall DP. Yet I am the one who wears it all the time!

Might be best to try a few on and maybe borrow from friends to see what is coolest and most comfy.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have the ergo performance and although on bubs back it seems that she is not getting too hot I am roasting and she gets a bit sweating on her face where she is laying on me. I was wanting a better option for summer but in the end I think it's our bodies heat where we touch is the problem.

Also I find the mesh parts on the performance a little coarse on my shoulders as I'm only wearing a singlet but that's not a big deal. I don't know if the latest performance is different fabric maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews

I was going to add to that with my little girl the insert was just too hot so I just use a rolled towel underneath her and that works well