+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default People in WA

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I go to get info on shark diving with the whale sharks?? My DP really wants to do this! I was thinking of getting him a voucher for xmas to use sometime next year.

I know you can do it in exmouth? I can't find anything online!

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default People in WA

Exmouth and Coral Bay are generally considered the best spots to go, although if you feel like venturing further afield Christmas Island is also a pretty reliable spot! Only around for a pretty short time of year, like May/June I think. Exmouth is about a 11+ hour drive from Perth, or you can fly up with Skywest I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default People in WA

Exmouth is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default People in WA

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Exmouth and Coral Bay are generally considered the best spots to go, although if you feel like venturing further afield Christmas Island is also a pretty reliable spot! Only around for a pretty short time of year, like May/June I think. Exmouth is about a 11+ hour drive from Perth, or you can fly up with Skywest I think
    I might goto travel agent tomorrow!! We're coming from Adelaide lol! I might save it for next years Xmas present that way I can go too because I am pregnant atm lol

Thank you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perhaps google "ningaloo reef" you might get some hits.
    I suggest you relax on Turquoise Bay while you wait ... one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    coral bay.
    check out http://www.ningalooreefdive.com/tours.html
    whale sharks are migratory and only come up the coast mid year, april-july.
    weather at that time is still warm though
    fly to exmouth and get a hire car to coral bay (about 2hr drive south) or you can fly to perth and spend a few days driving up to coral bay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default People in WA

I prefer staying in Exmouth than Coral Bay. We drive our camper trailer up from Perth for a couple if weeks every July as the weather is perfect. You can now find very competitive flights from Perth to Learmouth airport as more carriers are flying the route. Staying in holiday houses is probably the most economical accommodation choice and you will need to hire a car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby and I swam with the whale sharks at exmouth in June this year - AMAZING! You are so so close to them, it is a fantastic day. There are heaps of different companies that do tours- just google 'whale sharks Exmouth'. But yes, only able to do it from late March to July. Coral Bay as others have said is so beautiful and relaxing - a lot smaller than Exmouth, but I myself prefer Coral Bay. We are heading there for a small break over Christmas - can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know you can do it at coral bay and exmouth but i think you can also do it through aqwa. Im not 100% sure though, check out their website.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default People in WA

Quote Originally Posted by Kellbell85 View Post
    My hubby and I swam with the whale sharks at exmouth in June this year - AMAZING! You are so so close to them, it is a fantastic day. There are heaps of different companies that do tours- just google 'whale sharks Exmouth'. But yes, only able to do it from late March to July. Coral Bay as others have said is so beautiful and relaxing - a lot smaller than Exmouth, but I myself prefer Coral Bay. We are heading there for a small break over Christmas - can't wait!
    Can i ask how much it was?! In Adelaide it is $500 each!! I'd prefer to goto Perth for that. The drive soundsuch nicer dp HATES flying....