+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Screaming baby -car capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Playing the Wiggles help my DS...
    This!! Lol I used to play it all the time in the car it's great. Such a cheery fun upbeat music that settled both my kids.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DS2 cried every car trip for four months. It did my head in, I cried a lot. One day I bought a baby CD on impulse, ABC for Babies, Waterbaby. I put it on and he didn't cry... I thought it must be a coincidence, but it wasn't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Me sitting in the back (if possible) would help, singing/talking to her made it worse - just seemed to remind her that we were there but she couldn't be in our arms.
    That was our experience too.

OP what kind of seat is she in? A very enclosed sort of capsule? We changed ours to a reversible seat and it helped a bit, I think she felt less claustrophobic. We also found on long trips that if one of us sat in the back and gave her a bottle of ebm while we were driving she was ok and would fall asleep.

We were asked if it was possible it was silent reflux (others here might be able to give better info) but we worked out that in her case, it was boredom!

She's over 5 months now and soooo much better! We bought her a toy bar to play with, now if she cries at all it's usually a few whimpers before going to sleep. If we go on a long trip though we hate stopping as if she wakes up after a big sleep she will stay awake and cry for the rest of the trip.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Screaming baby -car capsule.

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions. It was indeed the afternoon so it could be related to the arsenic hour...but arsenic hour often comes early if we are in the car. We play white noise for him and this works 50%of the time...we are lucky it does not happen 100%of the time.

We also thought about pulling over, calming him down and then continuing with our journey but my experience is that it swim just start up again so I thought it better to just keep going.

I was sitting in the back seat with him, until I realised that this did not help at all...the only thing that helps is a bottle...until he finishes it...

The theory about the ears is interesting...I guess I was wondering if there is something about the motion, rear ward facing perspective our some other sensory experience at play...or...he could just want to be picked up...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post

OP what kind of seat is she in? A very enclosed sort of capsule? We changed ours to a reversible seat and it helped a bit, I think she felt less claustrophobic. We also found on long trips that if one of us sat in the back and gave her a bottle of ebm while we were driving she was ok and would.
    He's in a fairly closed-in car seat...it's a Steelcraft. It's one of those travel systems where the car capsule can be transfers to a stroller frame. Oops, maybe we should try something different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD was in a Meridian AHR with the infant insert (eg. a reversible seat) and still screamed if she decided she wasn't in the mood for the car that day.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DS was like this too! He is almost 5 months and I have been doing some self settling with him for his sleeps, as I am going back to work in January. I've found that this is really helping the car trips! He has his little soft bunny that he sleeps/plays with and he will often chatter away and then fall asleep with no screaming! It's amazing and so much less stressful in the car!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and he is in a steelcraft capsule too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi, my DD just gone 5 months has only just stopped screaming in the car. I don't know who cried more myself or G. I bought a mirror that attaches to the headrest and now she spends most of the time laughing at herself. My husband also used one of those stretchy cords that we would hook on one grab handle on the roof to the other and we would attach her mobile to it (anything to stop the screaming!) she also just started self settling so this may also helped. Good luck :-)

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Strange as it sounds my DS used to really like music with a big heavy bassline - I think the low vibrations were soothing or something. I used to play Snoop Dogg and stuff like that with the bass balance turned up (not super loud just bass-y) when he was like that and it worked like a charm.