+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    or..dont tell them you're in labour. Call them afterwards and ask for your girls to be brought in.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this unreasonable?

My Mum is having the girls while I'm in labour, she's already said she'll bring them up and allow us to have that time.
    I'm going to stay at home for as long as possible to up my chances for a VBAC too.
    I also worry that if I don't get my
    VBAC that I'll be getting stitched up while everyone else is with my baby.
    It's stupid but I had to have a general with the girls and everyone met them before I did and I'm freaking about something similar happening again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    Are your IL's in the waiting room beause they are looking after your girls/bringing them into meet bub?....
    If that's the case i think they would expect to meet the baby with them?
    If you dont want them there then maybe you need to arrange an alternate person who would be happy to drop them off sort of thing...
    Deleted - just saw your most recent post so please disregard

By the way, im very jealous of anyone who has a good relationship with their mother in law. I really wish I got along with mine the way my husband gets along with my parents.!
    Last edited by WineTime; 24-11-2012 at 12:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's perfectly reasonable for you to tell everyone that you need time after the birth to recover, then when YOU are all ready (ie after you come out of surgery if that's the case) you and your hubby will be introducing the girls to their new siblings, then you will have some time together as a family, then parents/IL's will be welcome after that.
    Use your experience of last time to explain to people (including hubby) how you are feeling and how you want it to be different this time.

I really don't understand why people feel that they have the right to be there ASAP. It's such a precious and intimate time, plus you've just been through quite an ordeal!

I would be asking the IL's to wait at home, and that you/hubby will be contacting them re. when to come and meet the baby. If they're sitting in the waiting room they will be jumping up and down to come in straight after bub's birth is announced. You need some time to wind down afterwards, not have overexcited visitors and have a chat. Gosh I feel overwhelmed just thinking about it LOL.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Is this unreasonable?

No not anal. I am lucky that my inlaws don't drive anymore so will have to wait for dh to go pick them when I had ds they didn't meet him till the next day.my mum and dad will be looking after ds and have said they will wait outside until ds has met good little brother before coming in.
    Talk to your dh and explain that as a family it is important for the girls to meet their sibling before the grandparents.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't really know if it will matter much either way - but perhaps it's better to request that in laws AREN'T in the waiting room at all. It would suck if they wait for hours and hours... and then are told, "Sorry, it'll be another 12 hours, cos we have to wait until the girls wake up, get ready, and come here..." etc. It'd be better to just not tell them you're in labour, and just tell them when you've had the baby.

All going to plan, there is no way my ILs will see any baby of mine before DD will. But I'll be birthing at home... she'll be welcome, they won't be. Not during the birth. No way. I would seriously hire a bouncer to keep them away if I had to. lol.