+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is this unreasonable?

Absolutely valid.
    I'd be really sad id anyone met our new baby before her brothers and sister.
    Actually I'd feel weird knowing my in-laws were in the waiting room!

Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I feel exactly the same way...siblings first always...it's precious those first few moments and they have had to live with you being pregnant and all that comes with that...It's like a reward for surviving mummy being pregnant...or that's the way I see it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Is this unreasonable?

No. I think you need time together as a family first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't even want my in-laws in the waiting room. Lucky I'll be in a birth centre where people can't just walk in and sit down. You have to be buzzed in. I'm also really glad and grateful that my DF respects my wishes.

Anyway, no I don't think you are being anal at all. You should get some family time first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not anal at all!

I think your DH needs to take a step back and realise that your girls have waited for a LONG (in children's world) time to meet their new sibling and I think its their right to have the first meeting and then 'show off' the new baby to any visitors. Surely it would set the right tone for the girls to realise that they are just as important as the new baby and they can be involved from the get go.

We've told my mother (who will look after our DS) that when she brings him up to the hospital that it is very important to us that he meets his sibling first and then she can have a cuddle (she's very cuddle happy), she was completely ok with this. Have you spoken to the inlaws to let them know how you feel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really depends. The request on it's own is not unreasonable, however, how many requests have you made that you say you are not budging on?

Has hubby accepted all your other requests, and this is one where he is a bit 'at the end of his tether?'

In all honesty, I can't see why ANYONE would be in the waiting room, unless they are an invited support person that got kicked out (due to angry labouring woman demands lol). So can't see why that particular situation would occur anyhow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Its your choice!

We did this when DS2 was born. I told them that if bub was born at night only DS1 and DP could visit the next morning, the afternoon we would let others visit.

I even told the nurses that i didnt want visitors. My mum was there for the birth then went home (bub was born at 11pm). DP and DS1 visited the next morning, then they went home and i had lunch, then the rest of the family came in the afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How would he feel if he was squeezing a baby out of his but and your parents were waiting in the waiting room? God men are so self centred some times! I hate that the focus always goes to the baby and not the mother who does all the hard work of birthing

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bokkie_wotwot For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (23-11-2012),HarvestMoon  (24-11-2012),twotrunks  (24-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Is this unreasonable?

Siblings first if it is possible. as for the waiting room thing. I think it is nice to have people in the waiting room. To me it shows they care. I had quite a few family members in the waiting rooms while I had my girls. For the most part they wanted to stay to find out if mum and bub were in good health afterwards. My sister had her baby by emergency c-section on the weekend because both her and bub were in poor health and she was barely out of second trimester. As soon as BIL announced all was good I left. People did the same with me. As soon as they found out both of us were ok they left. They didn't hassle to see me or bub.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Is this unreasonable?

I think you should do whats right for you!

I think back 18months ago when I was in labour with DD and all I remember is DH getting txt after txt to ask what was going on it annoyed me so much that next time Phones are off till mummys had a shower and is ready to face the world lol

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babybumblebee For This Useful Post:

bokkie_wotwot  (23-11-2012)