+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default s/o what are you afraid of

Ok so that the secret thread doesnt get derailed by my post, what are you guys scared of?

I am scared of Sharks, like really terrified of them I wont go past my knees into the ocean, or swimming pools, even playing a video game that puts my toon under water I get nervous. If I am in the water at all if a school of fish are heading to the shore I get out, if I see anything swim by I freak and get out right away. I had not gone into the ocean or any deep pools from age 12- 33 because of this fear. I can thank the movie Jaws and my mother for this fear but she says its not her fault, I beg to differ.

Mirrors I am scared of them at night, I wont turn out the light in my bathroom if I have to walk past the mirror.

The woods, I hate them I love to go camping but that is with people I would go into the woods at night alone I would be terrified.
    Last edited by Lovemyfam; 22-11-2012 at 15:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Apart from the obvious, losing my children. I dont like spiders. I plan to hold a tarantula one day to help concure this fear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: s/o what are you afraid of

Scared of sharks and the ocean as you are. Not to that extent though. Slightly afraid of the dark. I once heard of you look into a mirror behind you, you might see a ghost. Or something to that affect. If there is a mirror, I memorise the layout and close my eyes.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Scared of sharks and the ocean as you are. Not to that extent though. Slightly afraid of the dark. I once heard of you look into a mirror behind you, you might see a ghost. Or something to that affect. If there is a mirror, I memorise the layout and close my eyes.

Mirrors are terrible. I wont go near them at night no way no how. I had a bedroom once that had two closets both with one side being a mirrored door, they were always open so the non mirrored side covered the mirrors. I also had to keep my bathroom door shut at night because you could see the mirror from the bed.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (22-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

The dark, ghosts, snakes and burning to death.
    Also epi's (but no other needles) and needing another c-section, it is actually terrifying me thinking about not getting my VBAC.

Thanks
    Reviews

Balloons and needles. Real phobia. Ruins my life at times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Mirrors are terrible. I wont go near them at night no way no how. I had a bedroom once that had two closets both with one side being a mirrored door, they were always open so the non mirrored side covered the mirrors. I also had to keep my bathroom door shut at night because you could see the mirror from the bed.
    I have a closet floor to almost ceiling with both doors mirrored, I've hung a big sheet up to cover the whole thing lol. Not exactly scared of them but bad feng shui.
    I'm scared of bathroom fans! The ones in the roof right above your head in the shower. I can't have them on if they're right above the shower.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (22-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Losing one of my children

Frogs. I am petrified of them to the point just seeing one close enough gives me a panic attack. I get all hot and sweaty. It's a fear I wish I could overcome because there are plenty of frogs in the wet season particularly where we live. At a previous house we lived in they used to always be in the toilet and plug holes which freaked me out. If I open the door to go outside and there is a frog too close for me to get past I won't go out there until dh moves it and sometimes I have gone out the back door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

I once had a psychic reading done. She gave me a reading that scared me. I came out of there deathly white according to other people. Kind of like if I took a certain path in life she couldn't see a future. Now I am terrified of having any more readings done. Even checking horoscopes freaks me out.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Dragonflies. One day I was walking through a park home from work and I walked into a bunch of them. I stood there paralyzed with fear and crying until I could work up the courage to walk back and walk 2km out of my way to get home.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub