+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did you start buying baby stuff?

At 6 weeks when I found out I was pregnant. I bought a gorgeous set with blanket, onesie, bibs, hats and matching socks in neutral colours. I still have it in my sons special box and it was the first outfit he ever wore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Not till after morph (18-20) scan when we found out the sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I found out bubba didn't have DS. This was important to me only because my brother has DS.

At 15 weeks we did a huge layby of EVERYTHING! Cot, carseat etc..

Thanks
    Reviews

Went and put things on lay-by at 6 weeks found out at 4 weeks but that was some wraps and change Matt and some neutral clothing then a big one at 9 weeks to get the big things just waiting now to find out what we are having to to buy the clothes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm 13 weeks in sat and we just signed the paperwork for a bigger car yesterday, pick it up on Monday. Very expensive baby purchase but there is no way 2 car seats and pram and bags etc for when we go away for weekends will fit in our tiny car. I didn't really want to commit to it yet but being the end of the year it's a good time to get good deals before cars become another year older

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After 12 weeks, I didn't wont to jinx it. I didn't buy any big stuff until after 20 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

We are similar too! Bought big ticket things at 35 weeks to be delivered at 37wks. Baby shower was great as I got most things then and of course heaps more when bub was born.

For second pregnancy - second car seat at 20wks and the rest when I was in hospy recovering after!

Quote Originally Posted by Rinahbee View Post
    When baby was born. We bought the essentials like bassinet and bath/changeable but other than that we had to wait till bub was born. My grandmother stayed at home while I was in labour to go out and buy baby clothes/wraps whatnot haha! I get a lot of comments and questions about it, but my family is very VERY traditional and we believe that you should wait till baby is safe and well before buying things just incase anything did happen to him/her. It's to try to lessen the grief if you come home from the hospital with no baby.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Haha I started a baby box when I was 16 so I started years before I was pregnant
    I'm 5wk 3days now and had a look through the baby box and realised a lot of stuff isn't something id dress my kid in so ill start again sometime soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a glory box of cute little things i'd find on sale before we were married and TTC.

now at 16 weeks (and finding out we've got a girl) I've got

-clothes
    -bassinett
    - Ergo baby carrier
    - Wrap style baby carrier
    - some cloth nappies/wipes
    - a chest of drawers
    - pram on order

Will do the big buys sometime after 20 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DP and i are different to every one else mainly due to the fact that our parents have bought most of the stuff we have.

at 10 weeks my mum bought us a car seat.

at 12 weeks DPs mum bought the cot, change table, change mat, and cot mattress.

at 13 weeks we bought a pram

and around 17 weeks my dad bought us a porta cot.

haven't really bought much else since then as my mum keeps saying wait to see what you get from the baby shower but we have still bought a small amount of clothing with some toys and cot sheets.