+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    I guess people like the idea of attending joint events for the kids, but in a lot of cases it's just not a good idea and the kids are much better off not having to put up with the stress of it.
    Correct. I like the idea of having a good relationship with my ex for DS' sake, but in my opinion it's actually healthier for DS to not be witness to his father verbally abusing me and putting me down for the way I look and behave etc.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (23-11-2012),Izy  (23-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha it can be just as uncomfortable the other way too - when DD's Dad had a new partner (they have since broken up) she treated me like one of the family when we'd only just met - gave me a big hug and kiss whenever she saw me, introduced me to her Dad (who was also over-the-top friendly), added me to FB, made me a christmas present... it was so weird!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol, I'm not sure which would be worse Shelle! I really like my exes other half, we've had our moments but we've generally got along. She even went to me for advice when ex was reverting back to his old ways, that was awkward! She was with XDP while I was pregnant (an affair) but I find it so hard to hate her because I know how much of a predator he is and he would've pursued her until she caved. But I still don't want to be around them, I like to pretend he doesn't exist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Haha it can be just as uncomfortable the other way too - when DD's Dad had a new partner (they have since broken up) she treated me like one of the family when we'd only just met - gave me a big hug and kiss whenever she saw me, introduced me to her Dad (who was also over-the-top friendly), added me to FB, made me a christmas present... it was so weird!
    Haha okaaaaay - what a shame they split up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i dont think it needs to be a secret cos i would think its great he would make the effort. would i want to be invited hell no. he is my ex cos i dont like him

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyfamily For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (23-11-2012)