Dear bubhub oracle & wise one,
I'm currently on unpaid mat leave, due to return in March. Whilst I've been on leave the company has done a restructure & my position no longer exists. I've been having discussions with my employer & a redundancy has been put on the table as an option for me to take now. Other option is to wait until I return & see if they can find an alternative position, which they may not be able to. So it may end up a redundancy anyway. The payout will be approx 4mths pay.
Personally I'm not sure if I really want to go back there anyway. The company has been through many changes & they haven't won much work. The people I used to work with are all gone. There has also been talk that they are financially stretched at the moment. They are indicating they want me to wait until I return in case they have a role for me somewhere.
But if I take the redundancy now, then I loose the opportunity to accept another position in the company & I will have to look for another job as an unemployed person.
But on the other hand I would receive my payout now (better to earn interest in my account!) & I won't have to worry if the company goes into financial troubles & loosing my money.
I'm torn! What would you do in this situation?