+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What happens if u stop taking clomid?

Hi ladies, just wondering if u stop taking clomid, will my body go back to how it used to be? I would assume that it would (I hardly ever got AF, that's why I need to take clomid).

I'm meant to be on my last round but I get bad side effects & really want a brake, not sure if I should just do the last one anyway.

I've made a doctors appt to discuss other options but that's not until late Dec. I was just wondering would me stop taking it stuff up further options as they wouldn't know where I was in my cycle again?

Another reason I'm not sure is that I'd be due for AF on Christmas day

So I'm not sure if to stop it for a brake or do my last round. Did anyone have any prob's stopping it before their doctor told them too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a feeling Rocky but give it one more shot.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi FTM, thank u I think I will give it another go & then take a break. If u don't mind me asking, was it you that said they bought progesterone cream from the chemist? What cycle days did u use it on? I think I may give that a go too

How r u going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rocky

Glad you'll give it another shot. It wasn't me that said anything about progesterone cream (at least I don't think I did) but here's what I did if you would like to follow suit. I believe all of these things contributed to my BFP. It took two cycles of doing all of this.

1. I started taking baby aspirin. I couldn't for the life of me find it in Australia but I purchased it from iherb.com from the US. Make sure you only use baby aspirin which is about 81mg. Don't use full strength.

2. I took Clomid on days 4-8 of my cycle

3. I used digital OPK's to make sure I didn't miss ovulation. You can't argue with the digi smiley face

4. I bought progesterone cream from a supplier on eBay. On the day I got my LH surge, I started rubbing it on my tummy morning and night. The next day I would pick a different area of the body. So next would be my right thigh. Then my left thigh the next day etc etc The only thing with progesterone is, it delays AF so it can trick you into thinking you might be pregnant because AF can be late. The first cycle when I didn't get my BFP I tested until I was 16DPO. When still no AF, I stopped the progesterone and within 2 days AF arrived.

5. We tried to DTD every second day until I got my surge. The day I got my surge we DTD in the morning. The next day we DTD morning and night while I was actually ovulating. The next day, once more in the morning for good measure

6. TMI alert - I don't get CM .. well not much at all really. I used pre-seed most of the time we DTD but not every single time. Can't be sure that this made a difference.

I think that's about it!

I wish you the best of luck Rocky and I can't wait to hear about your BFP!

AFM, I'm going well. Countdown is on for when I get to meet my bubs. 24 weeks and 6 days to go! I have my c-section booked in with my ob so I'm very excited about it all. Morning sickness is finally gone ... YAYYY! I'm 13+5 today .. can't believe how much time has flown!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi FTM, so sorry for such late reply, haven't been on here in a little while. Thanks heaps for that, it's interesting to find out what's worked for others. I think I saw a few people talk about the progesterone cream, I still don't know weather to get it or not.

That's awesome that everything is going well & ur morning sickness is gone, yay!!! That's very exciting u've booked a c-sect & I'm glad ur doctors supportive of it. For personal reasons I really want an elective c-sect when the time comes but I wasn't sure if my doct would agree or not. How exciting for u & I hope the morning sickness stays away