+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Planning for a second bub...help!

Hey everyone,

So my fiance and i are planning to start trying for bub #2 in the next 6-8 months. I was wondering what are the financial implications of having a second? How did you guys manage the bills, work, centrelink, maternity leave?

Just want to make sure we have everything organised and down-pat before we start trying.

Help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't help you with that one but I am in the same boat. We have a 2 1/2 year old and would love to have another one soon as I want my daughter to have a sibling (probably me more so than my fiancé as he is an only child himself). I have just gone off the pill and have been working part time for the past year! I'm anxious about getting by with a mortgage, 2 kids and without myself contributing for a while! But desperately want to have another!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't work between kids so managing without my income is not a new issue. However, it is becoming a huge issue with me wanting to return to work. I am about to finish my teaching diploma but I am very depressed to find that there is no financial benefit to me working. It is crazy, but losing FTB and the cost of child care will take away my salary, let alone the fact that I would have work related expenses, such as petrol. If you need your income to survive atm, then i'd be taken a good honest look about how much money you will be left with once paying for two kids in child care, especially if you work full time (since ccr will probably cut out at some point). Often, there is no point returning to work. I am finding it very depressing as not having the choice of me working takes away choice about things such as where we will live and where my daughter can go to school.

As for other things, we budgeted $200 a month, and so far that has sufficed (youngest is 14 months). we dont buy much for him at all though. We continue to be given lots of clothes from my cousin in law, so that has helped a lot!! and other stuff gets past down from my daughter. we needed to buy very little before he was born - really just another car seat and a double pram, so that helped too.
    Last edited by Cas79; 30-05-2013 at 20:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmybubby View Post
    I can't help you with that one but I am in the same boat. We have a 2 1/2 year old and would love to have another one soon as I want my daughter to have a sibling (probably me more so than my fiancé as he is an only child himself). I have just gone off the pill and have been working part time for the past year! I'm anxious about getting by with a mortgage, 2 kids and without myself contributing for a while! But desperately want to have another!

I also facing same things..................