+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should i be worried?

Hi ladies, after some thoughts here.

DS 22months has been having VERY dark brown stools in the past few days, can almost past for a black. I cant think of anything that would cause this color. He hasnt had blueberries and hasnt been eating more protein. Hes still super happy. Should i be concerned?

DD 5weeks has an elevated temp between 37.3 and 37.7. Shes born with lots of mucus and has been sneezing a lot and the sniffles which suppose to improve in time. The past few days she hasnt been sniffling or sneezing more than she has been since birth but did sneeze some clear fluid twice. Still feeding good and quite settled. DS had a cold last week so i am thinking she might have caught a cold too and the elevated temp is due to this. Should i take her to the doctors?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Personally I would only as she is So young and to be honest, only to put my own mind at ease. You will feel better if you do.

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't be worried as such, but I'd still take DD to the Dr for a check over just to be sure. Only because of her age and to put your mind at ease.

As for DS, if he's happy with no other symptoms then I'd just keep an eye on his stools for a bit longer. Maybe something he ate has caused the colour change, even if it didn't go in really dark it still may come out very dark IYKWIM.

I'd take him to the Dr if his stills don't change back to his version of normal after a week or so.

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Blueberries, blackberries, iron supplements, even Oreo's so I've heard can cause dark stools.

GI bleeding can cause black tarry stools. But they're usually quite black. If you have a closer look at some smeared on something white like a baby wipe then you can get a better idea of the colour.

I would probably keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and if there's no improvement take him to the GP.