+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ipod for 5 year old and how it works with itunes ??

First off im sorry if it doesnt fit in here i wasnt sure where it belongs....

So ive bought a ipod for my dd's who are 3 and 5 ( Yay i get my iphone back) Anywho just wondering how it works with itunes and downloading apps as at the moment DH and i share an account so whatever i download he gets and visa versa it works ok as we just delete it off our personal phone if we dont want it, but im thinking once we sync the girls ipods we will get all their games? should i make a mew apple ID for them? can i do that? does that mean i need to log in and out depending on what account i need?? Sorry i am kinda computer savvy but thought id ask here

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I would create a new account so they can have their own games on it and you not get it on your phone..DH keeps putting all these games on my ipad which is synced to my iPhone so I now have all the girls games..
    Can't wait till Chrissy so they can stop using my ipad lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    i asked friends and they said to keep it on the same account but just delete it off your iphone? that way u can see what they get etc, and just make sure its on itunes?
    Can u make a new account after or it wont work

Thanks
    Reviews

I would get a second account - I assume you would be doing the downloading so knowing what they've got shouldn't be a problem. Not 100% sure about the iPod but with my iPhone i log out of mine and log into DH's to get any of his apps that I want (and vice versa) saves having to pay for them twice. Having 2 accounts is so much better as you don't have to delete unwanted apps every time you sync iykwim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Doesn't the iPod have to be wifi into the Internet and have a password to download apps? That way with a second account they would still need to ask you to do all the downloading.

Thanks
    Reviews

We use the same account for all our idevices (2 iphones, iPad & iPod). There's a setting in the device that you can choose so it doesn't automatically download every app. I think it makes it easier to only have 1 account.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lala77 View Post
    We use the same account for all our idevices (2 iphones, iPad & iPod). There's a setting in the device that you can choose so it doesn't automatically download every app. I think it makes it easier to only have 1 account.
    This is what we do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for all the tips! Great info
    Gnomsy- how do you transfer apps over with a different apple ID?

lala- Do you know where the setting is? been looking on my iphone and cant see it =(

Thanks
    Reviews

You go into settings->iTunes & Apps Store -> Automatic Downloads and slide to off.

Do that on all the devices. Then to download anything that's been purchased on another device go into the App Store and in the update tab there's the option at the top to go into purchased and there all there to download!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lala77 For This Useful Post:

foreverclucky  (24-11-2012)