+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 weeks to go and feel like a terrible mother already

I have 3 weeks to go and feel like a terrible mother to my two you old. I am at the stage where I am exhausted and want to sit or lay around all day and not have to entertain my toddler. I feel awful but I really can't be bothered. I find I am getting easily aggrivated too.
    My husband works all day and have no other help, my two year old is so full on and loud and won't sit still unless the tv is on but I don't like them watching tv.
    I don't know what to do to get some energy back, I just feel terrible when I look at my toddler and think I am not being the best mummy I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

*Hugs*
    Completely normal! I'm due in 4 days and have been feeling the same way towards my 3 year old twins, I just can't keep up with them physically anymore and have a short fuse.
    I feel terrible but they don't seem to hold it against me lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand how you feel OP. Ive got longer to go than you and my preschooler is driving me up the wall. You're not a bad mum, its just hard work being a delightful and entertaining ray of sunshine when you're not far off birthing a human. Its not him, its me, but what can you do?

This might not be popular, but I'd be using the tv and having a rest. The less rested you are the worse you're going to feel.

You're not a bad mum.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (22-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I completely understand! I have a 7 year old who wants me to go play outside and a just turned 1 year old who is a bit clingy at the moment.
    I just can't do what they want me to
    I feel terrible. Especially cos the last 48 hours I had strong constant Braxton hicks.

My advice is use the TV, it won't hurt. Mines on in the back ground a lot lately and it gives me a rest. I can still lie on the couch and nap and keep an eye on the youngest.

Don't feel bad! You are far from a bad mother!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies reading your posts have made me feel much better xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have 8 weeks to go and am finding it tough!!! In 5 weeks I'm not sure what we will do!

I find playdough and reading fairly low energy. Or digging in the sandpit or playing with the water table. I really should nap when he does for energy for the afternoon but if I do that I sleep much worse at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

And tv is a godsend!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep feeling the same over here. 2 weeks to go and my super active 14month old is exhausting me. I take him outside and let him run around while i sit on my sun chair and watch.
    Tv is always on when inside though. Helps to distract him a bit. If he is really whingy and clingy I lie down on the floor and let him climb all over me. It's the most I can muster at this point.
    Not long to go and we will have our energy back and we can make up for it then hopefully

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 3 weeks to go and feel like a terrible mother already

9 to 10 weeks to go here
    DS is 5 and so full on.
    At the moment I have him making Xmas paintings. Stamping plain paper to use as wrapping.
    All I have to do is put in the occasional well done or wow.
    When he had had enough is an easy clean up then tv time till DH gets home.
    I'm lucky I get the house to myself during the week days. For another 4 weeks anyway.
    Don't feel bad though they love you just for the hugs at the end of the day or the kiss better when they fall. They love you and you them, that's what counts

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I am 37 weeks today and have been struggling to give my 19 month old attention. Most days someone else comes to look after him or I just lie on the couch whilst he watches tv or plays with himself. I feel guilty but I am just so exhausted and can barely move due to my huge stomach. It's not forever.