+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Love your work, nasalhaironfire.

You have the patience that I lack to properly link and respond to this issue in a reasoned and methodical manner.

Kudos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    Can anyone (especially those who vote Greens) explain why the Greens support a group who is so anti women and anti gay?
    Can anyone answer this question?

Nasalhaironfire - I take my hat off to you for providing the large amount of information. To be honest, I am in the process of moving house, and do not have the time to read everything you have linked to.

Whilst it is obvious that unfortunate things have happened at the hands of the Israelis, you seem to be missing the big picture. The Israelis are fighting to protect themselves, and in the vast majority of cases, are only targeting the individuals that are a threat to them and their citizens.

Hamas, on the other hand, willfully and intentionally targets the civilian population through either rockets or terrorist activity. They will happily admit that this is what they do - even if it is blowing up a school bus.

They are not the same in this conflict. They have a fundamental difference between right and wrong. Yes, accidents and rogue soldiers will happen, but as far as Israel is concerned - this is the exception to the norm. Your last three links are all older than a decade. This shows that it is not the 'norm' as far as Israeli policy goes.

If you think that Hamas has the moral high ground here, then I don't feel that it is worth continuing this discussion. The US regard them as a terrorist organisation. They carry out terrorist attacks against innocent civilians. The Israelis are a democratic country with an accountable military.

Would you care to answer my first question? Why do the Greens support a terrorist organisation who hate women and homosexuals, whilst condemning the one country in the region that has equality?

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

The US regard them as a terrorist organisation. They carry out terrorist attacks against innocent civilians.
    Ah yes, because the US has their hands completely clean. Pfft.

As I thought, you have completely disregarded links provided to you because they do not fit your world view, as well as being far too busy to read any of them, yet you expect people to answer your questions. Why should we bother since you just disregard the answers given to you?

ETA: and big picture, Palestine has as much right to sovereignty as Israel, yet Israel have continued to encroach into Palestine until there is almost noting left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    As I thought, you have completely disregarded links provided to you because they do not fit your world view, as well as being far too busy to read any of them, yet you expect people to answer your questions. Why should we bother since you just disregard the answers given to you?
    Maybe you need to read the title of this thread. This thread is not about Israeli 'war crimes'. I am asking why the Greens support Hamas. Hamas is anti women and hate homosexuals. Something doesn't fit.

People can post links all they want, but none have answered the question.

Would you care to answer the question?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have read the title of the thread And , I love how you said 'war crimes', implying that there are none

No, I would not care to answer your question.

Perhaps, you could direct the question to the Greens themselves as you might get an explanation of their reasoning about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Greens and Hamas

Try their Facebook page father

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (28-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I would not care to answer your question.
    Then don't bother posting in this thread Ana Gram.

The Greens facebook page has this:

Our 4 pillars: Social Justice, Ecological Sustainability, Peace & Non-Violence, Grassroots Democracy.
    Which of these 4 pillars support Hamas? I would have thought Israel woucould tick all of those boxes.

My question stands. I'm sure there are some Green voters on Bubhub???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Then don't bother posting in this thread Ana Gram.
    Guess what, I'm free to post where I like on a public forum.

The Greens facebook page has this:

Which of these 4 pillars support Hamas? I would have thought Israel woucould tick all of those boxes.

My question stands. I'm sure there are some Green voters on Bubhub???
    Yep, there are plenty of Greens voters on this forum. I am one of them. I vote because they are the only party that I agree most with and they care about most of the issues I care about. This does not mean I agree with all their polices or thoughts. I am sure every other Greens voter feels the same.

Unless nasalhaironfire comes back, I highly doubt anyone is going to answer your question based upon their previous experience of posting in your threads.

You have a very specific question about the Greens that no-one is going to adequately answer, except the Greens themselves. So if you actually want an answer, get it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak. Otherwise it does appear that you are just trying to express what you see as your political and moral superiority.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

wrena  (29-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Greens and Hamas

It's a bit rich to be telling people that they can't post in a certain thread! Particularly from someone who is part of a parenting forum but never participates in any parenting threads (with the exception of the pro-circ ones).

Perhaps a different type of forum would be better suited to your interests? But then of course it's not up to me to tell you where you should be posting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, there are plenty of Greens voters on this forum. I am one of them. I vote because they are the only party that I agree most with and they care about most of the issues I care about. This does not mean I agree with all their polices or thoughts. I am sure every other Greens voter feels the same.
    So you disagree with their policy? That is all you had to say.