+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 194
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Ok, I'll spell it out. Do you see his penis entering her vagina repeatedly? I mean explicit shots focussed on all the rude bits. Do you see other graphic sex acts up close? Is the entire movie focused on these sex acts or on a storyline where yes, sex is a part of the story but not the main plot (ie, that the man has testicular cancer and needs to reproduce before treatment prevents him having kids)
    Sex can be a big part of a movie without being a porno. I don't doubt the movie you are talking about has strong sex scenes like what you have described. But there is still a difference between that and actual porn. The main one being that porn is two or more people actually having sex and this is shown in graphic detail. It's real sex. In a movie, it's simulated, it's not real sex and you don't see graphic detail. Graphic detail can be suggested or implied quite strongly but you are not actually seeing it.
    I'm not grasping at straws, you just don't seem to understand the rather large difference between movie sex and sex in pornography.
    So in the same what with the word Torture so by this argument then these films are simply horror or thriller with extreme violence because the torture isn't real just implied. I do understand the difference in movie sex and porno sex I am not an idiot but I also have seen in this movie the same thing I have seen on porn movies, graphic sex that doesn't show penis or vagina just boobs, maybe I have seen more different types of porn than you so I can compare the movie to actual pron I dont know I havent seen a lot of porn but I have seen the similarities, and if you had said to me oh lets watch a porno and put on those clips of the sex scenes in that movie I would think it was real, how they prevent his penis from touching her I cant figure out, some good tape job or something lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    You said it yourself here- you don't see his penis. In actual porn, you'd see his penis more than his face!!
    Not always actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Technically, yes, you could call them porn and not be wrong.
    gotcha

    We could go round and round but I dont think we will get anywhere

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    So in the same what with the word Torture so by this argument then these films are simply horror or thriller with extreme violence because the torture isn't real just implied. I do understand the difference in movie sex and porno sex I am not an idiot but I also have seen in this movie the same thing I have seen on porn movies, graphic sex that doesn't show penis or vagina just boobs, maybe I have seen more different types of porn than you so I can compare the movie to actual pron I dont know I havent seen a lot of porn but I have seen the similarities, and if you had said to me oh lets watch a porno and put on those clips of the sex scenes in that movie I would think it was real, how they prevent his penis from touching her I cant figure out, some good tape job or something lol


    Not always actually.



    gotcha

    We could go round and round but I dont think we will get anywhere
    LMF for somebody who proclaims very loudly to hate porn you seem to watch a lot of it

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    Jakois  (24-11-2012)

  4. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    LMF for somebody who proclaims very loudly to hate porn you seem to watch a lot of it
    When did I proclaim that? I have not watched a lot but have watched some.

    If you want to follow me around the forums trying to pick fights go for it glad I can give you something to do FYI Ill be back after 3 from work so you can know when you can start following me around again.
    Last edited by Lovemyfam; 24-11-2012 at 09:27.

  5. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    When did I proclaim that? I have not watched a lot but have watched some.

    If you want to follow me around the forums trying to pick fights go for it glad I can give you something to do FYI Ill be back after 3 from work so you can know when you can start following me around again.
    Don't be so touchy. I am only referring to this thread where you seem to have a lot of knowledge on movies with sexual content. You see a lot of movies - I envy you I don't know where you get the time. Trust me I barely get enough time to watch Dexter let alone follow you around on forums

  6. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Don't be so touchy. I am only referring to this thread where you seem to have a lot of knowledge on movies with sexual content. You see a lot of movies - I envy you I don't know where you get the time. Trust me I barely get enough time to watch Dexter let alone follow you around on forums

    Ok I stay up late for my me time Dont have much time during the day unless the kids are at the beach or grandmas. Besides half the movies I watch they cant so I have to wait until they are in bed.

  7. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    26,930
    Thanks
    2,736
    Thanked
    6,743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    The term "torture porn," does sound a lot like a sub-genre of porn. Like watching a graphic porno which involves a lot of torture as well as (probably abusive and seemingly forced) sex.

    It sounds like what you'd capture if you were making a porno and were inspired by infamous serial rapists/killers.

    It doesn't really instantly bring, "Fiction films full of torture and gore," to mind...

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

    Lovemyfam  (24-11-2012)

  9. #187
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So after watching the 7 movies again I have go to say they are the best movies ever. Absolutely love them the twists, the plot, the deceit, the turns. The on the edge of your seat feeling. 7 was pretty awesome and although I wasnt a dr gordon fan a few years back I like him more now!

  10. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,935
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked
    1,325
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Torture Porn?

    It's actually making me sick seeing this thread come up on the participated posts thing, can I remove it?

  11. #189
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    It's actually making me sick seeing this thread come up on the participated posts thing, can I remove it?
    Why would you removed it? I am sure there are threads a plenty that people dont like doesnt mean we should remove it. I think it was a great thread no arguing no name calling etc

  12. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Torture Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Why would you removed it? I am sure there are threads a plenty that people dont like doesnt mean we should remove it. I think it was a great thread no arguing no name calling etc
    I don't think that's what CTM means.

    CTM, you can unsubscribe from it, options on top right if using the app.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    Lovemyfam  (26-11-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. De-cluttering- fun or torture?
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 26-09-2012, 16:14
  2. Modern day torture!!!!!!
    By AllYouNeedIsLove in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-07-2012, 19:16
  3. waiting is torture
    By muminshock in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15-03-2012, 14:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
LCF Fun Languages Australia
We offer foreign language lessons for children 2-12 yrs in French, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian or German as after-school and preschool clubs or private language tuition. This is play-based, full immersion language learning with proven results!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!