+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 194
  1. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,718
    Thanks
    3,789
    Thanked
    3,838
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

    Default Re: Torture Porn?

    I game another example. I thought it was a great movie. Based on a true story. The first grader.

    I had no idea it had torture scenes in it. I hired it out thinking it would be a reasonably light hearted story about an old guy who wanted desperately to get an education. Had I known it had torture scenes in it, knowing it was a true story, I probably would not have watched it. I'm pretty sure it was only rated m15+. They showed quite graphic scenes of torture. The pencil thing really freaked me out, as did the scenes with his wife and child. If you have seen this you will know what I mean. To me this is reminiscent of horror in parts. Brilliant movie, but I was very unprepared for the torture scenes.

    Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I game another example. I thought it was a great movie. Based on a true story. The first grader.

    I had no idea it had torture scenes in it. I hired it out thinking it would be a reasonably light hearted story about an old guy who wanted desperately to get an education. Had I known it had torture scenes in it, knowing it was a true story, I probably would not have watched it. I'm pretty sure it was only rated m15+. They showed quite graphic scenes of torture. The pencil thing really freaked me out, as did the scenes with his wife and child. If you have seen this you will know what I mean. To me this is reminiscent of horror in parts. Brilliant movie, but I was very unprepared for the torture scenes.

    Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub
    I will have to rent it.

    So if it was in a torture porn section and labeled torture porn would you have thought of renting it? If it said extreme violence would you have rented it? If not do you think you would have missed a good movie?

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Torture Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I just dont understand how you can agree with slapping porn onto a movie like the saw but then say movies with explicit sex that shows everything but the genitalia not porn is all.
    Did you read the definition of porn that I posted for you early on in this thread? I think you may have missed it so here it is again, from the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

    Definition of PORNOGRAPHY

    1
    : the depiction of erotic behavior (as in pictures or writing) intended to cause sexual excitement
    2
    : material (as books or a photograph) that depicts erotic behavior and is intended to cause sexual excitement
    3
    : the depiction of acts in a sensational manner so as to arouse a quick intense emotional reaction <the pornography of violence>


    I don't necessarily agree with using the label torture porn, my point is that it is technically correct when you apply the third usage of the word. Porn doesn't necessarily refer to a sex film or anything of a sexual nature. Films like Saw contain explicit torture scenes depicted in a sensational manner so as to arouse a quick, intense emotional reaction- be it fear, disgust, horror etc.

    Sex scenes in main****** movie might be briefly arousing or whatever but the intent is to depict part of an overall story, not to get the viewer off, whereas pornography of a sexual nature is primarily graphic, explicit sex scenes which may or may not be part of an overall story depending on the type of porno film.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

    Default Torture Porn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I understand that part but the thread was about should be label it that as in it will be in a section called torture porn. So I said thats fine but what about the graphic sexual movies should they then be labeled with porn on the end?
    No, because they just aren't that graphic. I'm sure you've seen an actual porn film before, you can't tell me you don't see a difference between x rated sex films and main****** movies with strong sex scenes! Take for example the movie Wild Things. Thee is a scene or two where Neve Campbell, Matt Dillon and Denise Richards get hot and heavy. The most you see is breasts and kissing, the rest is implied, but it's still a pretty strong sex scene. If you compare that to an actual threesome porn scene, the difference is enormous.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post

    3
    : the depiction of acts in a sensational manner so as to arouse a quick intense emotional reaction <the pornography of violence>


    I don't necessarily agree with using the label torture porn, my point is that it is technically correct when you apply the third usage of the word. Porn doesn't necessarily refer to a sex film or anything of a sexual nature. Films like Saw contain explicit torture scenes depicted in a sensational manner so as to arouse a quick, intense emotional reaction- be it fear, disgust, horror etc.

    Sex scenes in main****** movie might be briefly arousing or whatever but the intent is to depict part of an overall story, not to get the viewer off, whereas pornography of a sexual nature is primarily graphic, explicit sex scenes which may or may not be part of an overall story depending on the type of porno film.
    Ok so movies like Saving private Ryan, boy in striped pajamas and other movies of the sort would fall under that. So they are technically Drama Porn.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    No, because they just aren't that graphic. I'm sure you've seen an actual porn film before, you can't tell me you don't see a difference between x rated sex films and main****** movies with strong sex scenes! Take for example the movie Wild Things. Thee is a scene or two where Neve Campbell, Matt Dillon and Denise Richards get hot and heavy. The most you see is breasts and kissing, the rest is implied, but it's still a pretty strong sex scene. If you compare that to an actual threesome porn scene, the difference is enormous.
    Yes but I used an example of the movie Not Suitable for Children that doesnt leave anything to the imagination, ok maybe the size of his penis since you dont see it but I think if you saw that movie you would get what I am saying.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    892
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked
    746
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    No, because they just aren't that graphic. I'm sure you've seen an actual porn film before, you can't tell me you don't see a difference between x rated sex films and main****** movies with strong sex scenes! Take for example the movie Wild Things. Thee is a scene or two where Neve Campbell, Matt Dillon and Denise Richards get hot and heavy. The most you see is breasts and kissing, the rest is implied, but it's still a pretty strong sex scene. If you compare that to an actual threesome porn scene, the difference is enormous.

    True that, one big difference being that I've not seen a 'money shot' in a main****** sex scene yet

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (23-11-2012)

  9. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    True that, one big difference being that I've not seen a 'money shot' in a main****** sex scene yet
    not all porn has money shots, you guys are grasping at straws. What was in that movie you can see on youporn and other sites.

    ETA oh wait, Not suitable for children had a sorta money shot scene he pulled out and semen flew all over her face, chest and everywhere.
    Last edited by Lovemyfam; 23-11-2012 at 20:35.

  10. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,718
    Thanks
    3,789
    Thanked
    3,838
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

    Default Re: Torture Porn?

    [QUOTE=Lovemyfam;6923998]I will have to rent it.

    So if it was in a torture porn section and labeled torture porn would you have thought of renting it? I would have thought twice.

    If it said extreme violence would you have rented it? Maybe, but I would be prepared to look away.

    If not do you think you would have missed a good movie? Yes but still a little bit of me died inside knowing someone actually went through that.

    The movie would have sudden flash backs and I was totally unprepared for some of them. I know these things do happen but stories like these really stay with me and cause a lot of distress.



    Sent from my magical black talky thingy using BubHub

  11. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    1,440
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most people think that 'porn' means sex. So I don't think it's appropriate to label any movie that gives one a quick intense emotional reaction as porn. Otherwise we'd be calling a lot of movies porn...drama, comedy.....kids movies "Brave" gave me a quick intense emotional reaction, as did "Lion King" and such like...should we call them Children's porn?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

    Lovemyfam  (23-11-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. De-cluttering- fun or torture?
    By LoveLivesHere in forum General Chat
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 26-09-2012, 16:14
  2. Modern day torture!!!!!!
    By AllYouNeedIsLove in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-07-2012, 19:16
  3. waiting is torture
    By muminshock in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15-03-2012, 14:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!