+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morphology scan

Hello,

I was wondering when you had a morphology scan, did the sonographer tell you what sex your bub was or did they say, I'm 60% or 70% sure it's a girl/boy?

I've had 3 sex scans but 2 of the sonographers said they couldn't tell the sex of my baby but the last sonographer said she's 90% sure it's a girl. Does that mean my bub will be a girl even when she gave a percentage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Morphology scan

With ds1 they could really tell till 24weeks cause he had the umbilical cord in between his legs, ds2 you could see bits from 18weeks but they still said they were like 99% sure so I guess they give you that percentage just in case they get it wrong but I'm not sure how bits can fall off!! But in the end they were both right! The 1st scan we did have with ds1 the doctor thought he was a girl but was later corrected
    I think the technology now is pretty good cause most have the 3d scans as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Morphology scan

They can't tell you 'I 100% say its a girl' because, if its not, it leaves them open to litigation. Only the results of an invasive test like an amnio or cv gives you 100% certainty. If I were you and it was important to my mental welfare to know the sex (such as being an organised person who wants to plan, etc) I would go for yet another scan before bubs gets much bigger and makes it even harder to see the sex. After that, if it was still hard to tell, I guess it's just a waiting game

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morphology scan

Yes I had my 3d scan but because bub was moving so much, she said she's 70% sure it's a girl 😳