+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Process of getting a rental?

I thought everyone living in the house needed to fill out an application form?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I thought everyone living in the house needed to fill out an application form?
    That's right. All adults have to fill in an application.

Thanks
    Reviews

We are staying at DHs parents, and didn't need to fill in an application? Did we need to? :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinahbee View Post
    We are staying at DHs parents, and didn't need to fill in an application? Did we need to? :/
    Do you mean his parents rent? If that's the case you are just classed as guests and as such don't need to fill in an application. If you were to permanently move in the real estate may require an application to be done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We are looking at going back to renting next year while we build a new house. But we haven't got any documentation from our old rental places because we've been in our own house last 5 years. Does anyone know what documentation we'll have to show in that situation?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Process of getting a rental?

Looks like everyones answered your question so I'm just here to say Good Luck! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rinahbee View Post
    Thank you so much for the answers! Also another thing is, my husband applied online for the rental, and they sent one out for me to apply to, but it's not compulsory. Should I fill it out? I've only worked twice in my life and that was when I was 16, and couldn't hold down both jobs because I was young and careless, so pretty much no job references. My husband on the other hand, was an apprentice for three years, has had 3 jobs throughout his entire life, extremely hard worker, has a good paying job/excellent references to back him up .. Should I just leave it up to him? Haha I'm not sure of what to do!
    Are you getting money from centerlink? Extra regular income is good on an application, they won't check your work references if they were that long ago.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    We are looking at going back to renting next year while we build a new house. But we haven't got any documentation from our old rental places because we've been in our own house last 5 years. Does anyone know what documentation we'll have to show in that situation?
    Our application form has space for two previous places of residence. Put down your current and then the one prior to that. What we'd do is contact the last real estate and have them fax over a ledger. If you have forgotten just explain that to the pm. If you can show you have sufficient income and are reliable with regular payments (so for you mortgage?) that should be fine :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    Did you go through an agent to sell your place? You can use them as a reference too :thumbup:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Disbride View Post
    Did you go through an agent to sell your place? You can use them as a reference too :thumbup:

Would that be as a reference to show that we kept our house in good condition?