+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: I HATE SALARY. And I HATE my husbands work.

He is being used by his workplace, that workload and that much responsibility for 60k is absolutely absurd. He has to be strong, and just leave on time. If he misses deadlines and loses accounts, that is not his problem. He can't have personal responsibility for things like that, I know it's hard but really he needs to put his foot down. Or get another job and start afresh with reasonable hours that he sticks to.

I hate to say this, but it is probably partly of his making, if his partner and subordinates aren't working at nearly the same rate as him, then he can't just blame the company. It sounds to me very much what happened to my partner, where he was taking far too much personal responsibility for his company. He's not a workaholic, he just didn't know how to say no. I had a huge hissy about it before we were even thinking about kids, and said it wasn't going to work if he couldn't find a way to get a better work/life balance. He now works 9-5:30 and the sky hasn't fallen in.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

babycart  (12-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I HATE SALARY. And I HATE my husbands work.

Last edited by Liddybugs; 27-04-2014 at 19:54.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hopefully he does something before his health declines he just cant go on like this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I personally think he is better off looking for a new job than, for example, going on stress leave.

As much as there isn't meant to be, there are usually consequences in terms of how you are viewed in the workplace, either explicit or implicitly.

It's unusual for a big company not to have a formal grievance policy (which is not necessarily run by HR). Can you ask him to look into this for the treatment he received during the bullying?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He needs to get another job, definately!

I know someone who has heaps of stress in their job but gets paid WAY more than 60k. And when on holiday once a year they are on holiday and they might leave later some days but don't work anywhere near as long as what your DH is doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow... I mean for 60k that's not worth it! He needs to start putting his foot down or look for another job.
    All you can do is just be supportive and keep reassuring him that he can walk out/quit. My personality is a little like your DH's I had a job once that took me 1 hours plus each way it was minimum wage and every idea I'd have would e knocked back (tho it would be implemented if it was mentioned by someone else) it was so frustrating my DH kept telling me to just quit or grow some balls... I never could give them a piece of my mind but eventually quit and I haven't looked back :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My husband works huge ridiculous hours and is constantly under stress and pressure.
    I can relate. It's so hard and so frustrating.
    But.... He gets paid very well... And constantly reviewed and rewarded. We wouldn't do it otherwise.
    It's all part of our plan to join in the business which he has the opportunity to do.
    There is so much potential.
    I'd be really encouraging him to look for another job where he is appreciated and rewarded!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written this thread myself except different industry. It ****es me off so much. The 8 hours pay for 12 or more no overtime. Leaving home at 5am and getting home 8 pm. And the great thing lately working on days off. Yes told to pop in for an hour or 2 on Sunday ,well last time he did 8 hours for free obviously and then copped it for not finishing everything when it was someone else's job who were getting paid. Whenever I say complain I get told no point as all managers get treated same. Oh we'll he has Saturday off this weekend and we going out for birthday lunch.....do he will go in for a few hours about 3 am. And holidays hmmmm. Yep he got called into bosses office as he is owed over 4 months annual leave and gets told off for it. When hubby says fine ill take holidays he is informed yes you can have some in February....well yay he would have gained 2 more weeks by then. So over it. So lucky we have 2 cars though as my 3 have lots of appointments.....I feel your pain OP. but hubby keeps saying with a mortgage and three kids we need stability....and yep $60 k here too. It seems if you work hard you get taken advantage of and more is expected. Sorry for vent...this has being at me for ages. So sad to see others in same boat.

Thanks
    Reviews