+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Screaming during labor

I lost my bundle after 18hours of syntocin and just started wailing/screaming. I lost all control. I felt so embarassed afterwards but the midwives were fantastic telling me it was perfectly normal and that I had earnt the right to have a mini-breakdown.

Unfortunately i live in a small town and when i first went to our mothers group i met another lady whos baby was born 2hrs after mine. The first thing she said to me was "oh wow that was you....your labour sounded rough!". Yep, she heard it all. I could have died! I was mortified haha oh well, cant change it now!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Screaming during labor

Haha. I don't think I screamed, but I did make noise. With the contractions I just groaned. Pushing I grunted I think. But at the pushing I had an epi which was only half effective, so I didn't get all the pain.
    The woman next to us screamed the house down. Then when you can hear the calm down scream and stopped and then a bub crying I was like Awww!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Screaming during labor

I just grunted and said owww alot.

When they used the forceps though I screamed big time. The poor girl in the room next door was being induced. I surely scared her!! Oops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I screamed, swore, yelled, shrieked (mostly when they shoved what looked like a crochet needle up me and it hurt like sh!t). Problem was, as Caz mentioned earlier, I *was* panicking because it was a posterior labour and holy hell my coxyc bone! Thought I was dying. The midwives spent a lot of time telling me to shut up, but didn't give me any alternatives to lessen the pain or even explain what was going on. Nightmare! I never want to give birth again, generally I have a freakishly high pain threshold and cope well but that was a disaster.
    Sounds awful
    I had a posterior labour and also panicked, it hurt me a millions times worse than my anterior labour ( which was pretty easy). I was treated nicely though and given lots of tips to help the back pain.
    if you have another baby I hope you get a nice birth experience, I'm a bit scared to birth again also but I feel looked after so I know I'll be okay if it is another posterior.

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pretty quiet with my first two. My second two i involuntarily screamed as they came out my cervix and down my back as both had an arm/elbow sticking out at an odd angle and it bloody hurt.

I was very quiet during the labours though and for 14.5 hrs with the last one i was just walking around my room just quietly focusing on my breathing, oh and telling DH to stay out of my way and to stop trying to "distract me" from the pain because it's distracting me from dealing with the pain.
    Last edited by TeamAwesome; 24-11-2012 at 07:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First and second i was pretty quiet.
    i had epi's though. the midwife who delivered my son was shocked cause i was smiling and laughing while pushing baby #1 out.
    baby #2 Lil worse with contractions. but still pretty quiet.
    baby #3 was a Lil different cause the hospital i went to didn't offer epi's.
    i started to feel the need to push but nurse said i was only 6cm...
    i started pushing anyway, after using a swear word and she had to come into the room and stretch my cervix around babys head while i was pushing...
    i was yelling at her that she was hurting me. (well she was) lol
    so guess the point of my story is that i was louder with baby #3.
    Totally worth it though. love my babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All through my pregnancy I knew I would have an epidural. I had one and could hear women in birth suites around me screaming. Any DH and I looked at each other in shock , no way would I sound like that not with an epidural!

anyway, the epidural completely wore off and baby needed a vacuum delivery. I just cried and pleaded "I don't want to do this, I can't do this". I apologised to the ob afterwards as I was embarrassed for sounding so pathetic. I just could not believe I could feel my clitoris stretching...not a sensation i ever want to feel again! felt like i was going to rip in half. No one prepared me for that!